• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Hong Kong BaoTou Tailors and Fabric Shops for CMT Thread

PekingRoadHK

Reaction score
I randomly picked 2 more Mirador BaoTou workshops to take photos, to show more examples. That's all, I am not going to take anymore photos. There are too many BaoTou, I cannot take photos of all BaoTou works.

This one comes from another Mirador BaoTou working with a few bespoke tailor shops in HK, he made suits in his own Shenzhen workshop. He outsources Milanese buttonhole work to an old sifu in Shenzhen. This is the canvas of a suit his workshop made. Let's call this one BaoTou 2:

3.JPG

4.JPG

6.JPG

Last edited:

PekingRoadHK

Reaction score
This one comes from another Mirador BaoTou working with a few bespoke tailor shops in HK, he made suits in his own Shenzhen workshop. I have no idea where he outsources Milanese buttonhole work. He has many suits in his workshop on that day, his wife picked this 2 for photos. Let's call this one BaoTou 3:

7.jpg

8.jpg

Last edited:

PekingRoadHK

Reaction score
You don't like the above? There are BaoTou 4 to BaoTou 100, could be more to pick. I am sure there are some BaoTou better. This is not customer service for any BaoTou tailors, or tailor shops, or any business. I cannot answer any questions or enquiries for them. There are too many BaoTou tailors and tailor shops. Consumers should ask them directly, and they might have different answers in low seasons and high seasons.

For the assembly line in BaoTou Shenzhen workshops, they have a few sifu (section) for each process, one section for shoulder, one section for canvas, one section for trousers, etc. BaoTou is the chief of quality controller in his workshop, and he is the cutter and fitter in HK. When one wants to search and know more how China factories make garments for the world, check this one, they have in house tailors to explain everything: http://www.cantonfair.org.cn/html/cantonfair/en/common/2012-09/8471.shtml#1

BaoTou tailors have to follow the requests of their customers to make the suits. We might not like the style of the suits they made for their customers. We can visit their workshops to see their workmanship and cutting of their end products to see which one suits ourselves. There are around 100 BaoTou tailors in Mirador, I can never try all BaoTou, therefore, I cannot rate all BaoTou, or recommend any BaoTou.

From what I see from products of BaoTou 1 to 3 on the day I visited their workshops, I say BaoTou 1 is more for local consumers at 20 something. BaoTou 2 and 3 are for more mature consumers (30+, 40+). There are a lot more, some are better and some are worse. You find your BaoTou for yourself.

For the style, I say we don't have to follow all rules of the modern trends. I have my special needs when traveling, I order something different for my trousers. The BaoTou said this is not beautiful at all. Yes, I knew that. I have my special needs for my trousers. This is tailor made for me.

I am never related to this business, I am far away from this business, all local consumers can easily find the answers for themselves, better than me. A BaoTou told me, he made home visits to 2 aged and disabled customers who live in rather poor districts, both never have decent suits and wanted to have decent suits. They can't afford to pay expensive tailor shops for home visit tailoring, and they saw my blog. This BaoTou said yes, no extra charge for special customers, he brought along his fabric books, and my blog helps. But for foreigners, this is quite time consuming, better go tailor shops, don't waste your time on BaoTou CMT. That's all from me.

Last edited:

Hifilover

Reaction score
I can see the work of Baotou #2 is fake full canvas, the black material is polyester glue to the whole front panels of the jacket including lapels.

Hifilover

Reaction score
Baotou #2 chest canvas is sewn by normal sewing machine.

Baotou #3 solid blue jacket has big wrinkle or bubble on chest pocket area.

PekingRoadHK

Reaction score
I can see the work of Baotou #2 is fake full canvas, the black material is polyester glue to the whole front panels of the jacket including lapels.

Baotou #2 chest canvas is sewn by normal sewing machine.

Baotou #3 solid blue jacket has big wrinkle or bubble on chest pocket area.
Baotou 2's canvas sifu has not started to work on chest canvas yet, they work on it after fitting. BaoTou 3 needs to do some ironing, the suits were hanging in a casual way.

For BaoTou 1, 2, 3, they deliver the same workmanship to bespoke tailor shops in HK. One of them is a highly recommended tailor discussed in this forum. You don't know the names of the tailor shops BaoTou supply suits to, you don't like their workmanship (I assume you say they got poor workmanship), and you recommended 2 of the bespoke tailor shops before. Now, we see what this is about. Consumers turn blind eye to branded bespoke tailor shops.

Last edited:

Hifilover

Reaction score
I tell what i saw from your photos . I do not understand what you are talking about .

PekingRoadHK

Reaction score
I tell what i saw from your photos . I do not understand what you are talking about .

Of course, I understand that.

We see what bespoke tailor shops deliever from BaoTou, we just don't want to become 'Brand Blind' consumers.

Hifilover

Reaction score
You made your point very clear. For consumers sake, we don't want to come "Baotou Blind", we want to understand who are the Baotou with good craftsmanship.

Hifilover

Reaction score
If no more new material such as discussion on Baotou craftsmanship (who are the Baotou we should go for). More informations on Baotou (but not limit to 3) . It helps this thread to conitinue. Otherwise, guys will get bored and stop reading about Baotou.

PekingRoadHK

Reaction score
You made your point very clear. For consumers sake, we don't want to come "Baotou Blind", we want to understand who are the Baotou with good craftsmanship.
BaoTou supply suits to tailor shops, you are pointing to 'Bespoke Brand Blind' consumers at the end. You are complaining the workmanship of BaoTou, that means you are complaining the workmanship of the bespoke tailor shops. There are around 100 BaoTou, I will never try all BaoTou, therefore, I cannot make a ranking for all BaoTou. Why should we pay high price to bespoke tailor shops with that kind of workmanship?

If no more new material such as discussion on Baotou craftsmanship (who are the Baotou we should go for). More informations on Baotou (but not limit to 3) . It helps this thread to conitinue. Otherwise, guys will get bored and stop reading about Baotou.
Why do you think there is a BaoTou or tailor shop that will 100% guarantee to satisy everyone from what you said "should go"? I say there is no issue to point a BaoTou or tailor shop that everyone should go.

I have no responsibility to make you excited.
I am not a sales, and this is not customer service for any business, I don't recommend any tailor shop or BaoTou tailor or fabric shop or whatever. Everyone has different needs and requirements, therefore, there is nothing that will suit everyone. Do your own research, and pick for yourself. Don't like it, don't have time for your research, then don't go for it.

Fact is everyone has different requirements and needs, there is no guarantee any tailor shop or BaoTou that will 100% satisfy everyone.

Last edited:

PekingRoadHK

Reaction score
I got bored by you.
You get bored, because you don't know there is no BaoTou or tailor shop that will suit everyone. You are asking for something that does not exist.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads