• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Hong Kong BaoTou Tailors and Fabric Shops for CMT Thread

Hifilover

Reaction score
The photo is dark, I can't sure is the sleeves ok or not, it seem the upper part has a lot of wrinkles, is it that your concern?

Yes.
Since the sleeves had been removed for revamp. They were re-attached again, any reason why there are so much wrinkles in the upper part.

Shangara

Reaction score
Will keep you informed with my later revamp projects.

BTW, do you know any tailor (in tailor shops or in Mirador) that can do better work? I wish to try.

Thank you.

Shangara

Reaction score
I think this one is better. But it is not a fair comparison, as there is no cutting restriction for the present one.

IMG_3734a.JPG

Shangara

Reaction score
Note the seat area. The old jacket has little excessive cloth there for better cutting. Nevertheless, I do love all my old jackets.

Shangara

Reaction score
I bought this burgundy 6x1 DB in Jan 1992 for HK$1,200 (RTW) when I was in University. The original shoulders are exceedingly large.

Shangara

Reaction score
Tailor 2 also told me that my right shoulder is lower than my left, which makes me to have a longer right arm (a quarter of an inch longer). Though he told me that this is not abnormal, I think it is. If I remember correctly, he further told me that I have forward shoulders (not sure).

Shangara

Reaction score
Heard that Brown Tailor is good. I am thinking of bringing the burgundy DB to them for a better revamp (hopefully) and see what they can do.

Shangara

Reaction score
I guess the problem is my forward shoulders. The sleeve parts always have wrinkles, no matter it is from Mirador tailors or from other tailor shops.

Shangara

Reaction score
Yes.
Since the sleeves had been removed for revamp. They were re-attached again, any reason why there are so much wrinkles in the upper part.

The wrinkles do appear no matter it is a revamp jacket or brand new from tailor shop. Because of my shoulders problem?

Shangara

Reaction score
I still have several revamp projects in mind. I am not sure I should commission Mirador tailors (Tailor 2 or any other) or other tailor shops to do the job. Any suggestion?

Shangara

Reaction score
I promise I will further post my revamp results here, no matter good or bad. Any suggestion?

Shangara

Reaction score
As I wish to complete my revamp projects before high season (September), do anyone here have great experience of revamping an old suit to share? Any recommendation for good tailor, regardless whether he is from Mirador or tailor shop. No? Not worth it?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads