• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Althis

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Was looking at my mantel thinking about extending the shelf and making it look more finished.

Pretty basic but this was my initial idea, likely in white oak. Thoughts?
1670298941666.png

1670298915417.png

1670298928705.png

1670301781504.png

SixOhNine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
urinals-kitchen-1.jpg

Note the booster step for the urinal. This is a family that knows you gotta start teaching your sons early.

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I installed a new toilet in the kids’ bathroom yesterday. It was easy enough that I’m now pondering replacing that one in the half bathroom at the front of the house.

D78FD640-CCCD-4E4D-B92F-890167C1C249.jpeg

Numbernine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I installed a new toilet in the kids’ bathroom yesterday. It was easy enough that I’m now pondering replacing that one in the half bathroom at the front of the house.

View attachment 1866414
If a turd herder can do it it ain't rocket science that's for sure.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If a turd herder can do it it ain't rocket science that's for sure.

I’ve figured out that I can do any home improvement job myself if I have the right tools and some patience. Patience is the hard part.

It’s also not always worth the time. We got a new dishwasher recent that included free installation (and removal of the old one).

PhilKenSebben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’ve figured out that I can do any home improvement job myself if I have the right tools and some patience. Patience is the hard part.

It’s also not always worth the time. We got a new dishwasher recent that included free installation (and removal of the old one).
I have mentioned this before, but first thing I do in a house is change out toilets.

Dishwasher is super easy, especially if you have on already installed!

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have mentioned this before, but first thing I do in a house is change out toilets.

Dishwasher is super easy, especially if you have on already installed!

It is easy. My dad and I installed a dishwasher years ago. But free install isn’t a bad deal.

PhilKenSebben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No judgement attaches to this question, but why?
Well, to be fair, I have never owned a house with toilets I like. I have bought two houses from the 70s (beige, gray, pink, and green toilets) a house from the 1780s (bathrooms redone in the 1980s and we'll water. Those stains were DEEP) and a house from the 90s( builder grade to the max except for the gourmet kitchen)I like chair height toilets, and none of them had one. If they did, I might not switch

Also, there is something about fresh porcelain

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads