• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
My doorbell works again. I decided to try to test it today, and whatever I did fixed it. Guessing there was (is?) a loose connection somewhere.

PhilKenSebben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Maybe you're just intermittently deaf?
perhaps a series of specifically timed micro strokes causing that deafness

On the other hand, random fixes are great. or a harbinger of an impending electrical fire. You have been warned

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Kopped an Ego self-propelled mower today since my lawn has been out of control since we moved in. That was well worth the splurge. 5000 sq ft of lawn is bigger than it seems when it's broken up into 3 chunks.

On the other hand, random fixes are great. or a harbinger of an impending electrical fire. You have been warned
Not going to worry too much considering it's low voltage. Unless the problem is the line into the transformer (which I can't find)...

PhilKenSebben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Kopped an Ego self-propelled mower today since my lawn has been out of control since we moved in. That was well worth the splurge. 5000 sq ft of lawn is bigger than it seems when it's broken up into 3 chunks.

Not going to worry too much considering it's low voltage. Unless the problem is the line into the transformer (which I can't find)...
Ego is a great set up, you will love it!

Lionel Hutz

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm assuming the can use the "information accuracy inspection" to bail on inaccurate zestimates but still. I'm sure they've improved but some of those used to be wildly off the mark

www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-02-25/zillow-s-price-estimates-are-now-cash-offers-in-homebuying-push

For more than 500,000 properties across 20 markets in the U.S., the company has added language on its websites and apps inviting owners to “sell to Zillow for your Zestimate.” When an offer is accepted, Zillow sends an inspector to make sure its information on the home is accurate, then pays cash for the property, makes light repairs and puts it back on the market.

The program, which Zillow has been testing since late last year, is the latest step in the online listings company’s strategy to embrace home-flipping on a scale rarely seen.

I wonder how much capital they have to deploy and if they are going to be renting as well as flipping

Last edited:

Milksteakboiledhard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Ego is a great set up, you will love it!

I bought the 21" single stage snowblower after the second major snowfall. It worked great (knock on wood it can be retired for the season) on our corner lot side walks and ~4 car length x width driveway. The 2 5ah 56v batteries would give me 2 mornings of blowing (twss) on a single charge. If there was more than 6", I'd probably need to recharge the batteries to clear the driveway-road intersection from the city plows.

snowblower.PNG

I figured that with the batteries from the blower, purchasing the mower is going to be a matter of when, not if.

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I bought the 21" single stage snowblower after the second major snowfall. It worked great (knock on wood it can be retired for the season) on our corner lot side walks and ~4 car length x width driveway. The 2 5ah 56v batteries would give me 2 mornings of blowing (twss) on a single charge. If there was more than 6", I'd probably need to recharge the batteries to clear the driveway-road intersection from the city plows.

View attachment 1562676

I figured that with the batteries from the blower, purchasing the mower is going to be a matter of when, not if.
Yeah that's the thing about cordless tools... the battery ecosystem locks you in. The batteries are a third to half the cost of the tool kit for most of these. That's ultimately why I decided to go with Ego instead of cheaping out on something "just for now," because with the batteries "just for now" turns into "until it breaks" (finally replaced my old early 2000s blue Ryobi 14.4v drill this year when the battery died).

Going to need a string trimmer, pole saw, and blower at the very least.

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I got a plug-in electric chainsaw last spring. I don't use it often enough to justify a cordless, I can reach everything on my property with a 100 ft extension cord, and them batteries are HEAVY for a tool like a chainsaw.

Everything else? Yeah, batteries are awesome. I use the electric blower all the time, it's great.

greekgeek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got a plug-in electric chainsaw last spring. I don't use it often enough to justify a cordless, I can reach everything on my property with a 100 ft extension cord, and them batteries are HEAVY for a tool like a chainsaw.

Everything else? Yeah, batteries are awesome. I use the electric blower all the time, it's great.
Electric chainsaw and the 100ft extension cord sure came in handy for me last week. With the 16ft pole for the saw and a ladder I was just barely able to free my drone from its perch up in a tree. Luckily there was enough snow on the ground still to pad it's drop as my catcher missed it by about 6 inches.

PhilKenSebben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

NorCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You guys don't use gas tools? I like the econess of electric but I can't get my mind around having to charge my chainsaw or blower. I guess growing up off-grid leaves a mark.

Plus they jsut seem like they would be too weak.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads