• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

NakedYoga

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You say that now, but just wait- one frigid winter, when temperatures in Charleston are dipping down all the way into the 40s, this knowledge will come in handy.
Maybe so. We regularly have such temperatures during the winter here. The snow is what we don't (usually) have. Although this also seems like one of those things where you don't know there's a problem until it's already caused significant damage. Or maybe I need to go back and study by UM course materials better.

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So our thermostats are not automatic and you have to switch between Cool/Heat. Does anyone have any they really like and would recommend? We don't walk by either of the thermostats during the day but are in the zones so some sort of motion sensing option is not ideal.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
So our thermostats are not automatic and you have to switch between Cool/Heat. Does anyone have any they really like and would recommend? We don't walk by either of the thermostats during the day but are in the zones so some sort of motion sensing option is not ideal.
Nest supports automatic mode switching. I don’t love (or need) the internet-connected aspect, but they are really nice and easy to use.

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
Nest supports automatic mode switching. I don’t love (or need) the internet-connected aspect, but they are really nice and easy to use.
Y u no like ur thermostat turning into a DDoS slavebot?

SixOhNine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You don't have to connect them to your home network. Though it's kinda cool to be able to adjust the settings with your phone if you forget to do so before leaving on vacation.

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks like there are 2 versions...don't really need the learning version so not a back price for 2.

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Nice.

I miss blueberries. My parents had a bunch of bushes growing up and it was always a high point of summer.

My current place had two bushes, but one never fruits and the productive one got some kind of horrible blight and died. I replaced it but it's still tiny.

nootje

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Build the framework for the outdoor kitchen last weekend, and finished the pergola the week before. Not really a pergola guy, but this new place has windows practically wall to wall and facing west. With the new building code isolation norms, house was build last year, that heats up the living room a few degrees on a sunny day. Build it with planks sideways, which throws shade exactly the way I need it, but leaves the open air above the seating area.

now to wait another week and a half to look at and order the granite countertops for the outdoor kitchen. Damn COVID rules. Once those have arrived I can let the Kamado come in.

After that the summer can start as far as I’m concerned.

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
Nice.

I miss blueberries. My parents had a bunch of bushes growing up and it was always a high point of summer.

My current place had two bushes, but one never fruits and the productive one got some kind of horrible blight and died. I replaced it but it's still tiny.
Blueberries remind me trips to northern New England when I was a kid. At higher elevation a lot of the undergrowth is wild blueberry bushes. Perfect on a hot Summer hike.

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Makes me want to try out a Blueberry bush at our new place since we have a lot more sun which bodes well for potential strawberries. I could put in probably 3 decent sized raised beds with amazing sunlight...maybe not this year but next.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Threads of Apollo Leather Jackets: Which 2-tone colourway do you like the best?

• Blue

• Red

• Gold

• All of the Above

• None of the Above

Results are only viewable after voting.