• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Meeting with a contractor to talk outdoor kitchen in a few weeks.

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I've heard the trout fishing in this area is amazing, and while the brook trout is actually the only trout species that is actually native to the Smokies (browns and rainbows were introduced years ago) I did read that one of the unintended consequences of introducing the rainbow to the area was to crowd out the brook trout to a certain extent.. I have no firsthand experience, since I haven't gone fishing in years..

More or less true. Everyone wants what the other guy has so they brought rainbows east, brooks west and browns everywhere. Bit of a **** show really.

Do you rent it out? Always wanted to spend some time chasing brook trout in the Smokies.

lefty

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

More or less true. Everyone wants what the other guy has so they brought rainbows east, brooks west and browns everywhere. Bit of a **** show really.

Do you rent it out? Always wanted to spend some time chasing brook trout in the Smokies.

lefty

I don't rent it out but if you PM me, we can figure something out.

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Best I could find was this that shows a bit more detail of the wrap-around porch. As is common around here, the house is built on a hillside, so the "front" deck proper is about 40' off the ground, but the part that wraps around to the stairs accessing the driveway is just a few feet. If I could have easily photo-shopped me out of the picture, I would have, lol

The dovetailed beams are awesome. :slayer:

mike1445

Reaction score
Towel warmers a must-have? Slowly creating an attic master suite from the studs and would love any input the forum might have. Radiant floor heat in the bath is high on the list, soaking tub has been ditched in lieu of a larger shower. A skylight or two. I've got a half-baked Google sketchup model if anyone's curious.

cross22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Where I am you can't have a master bath without a tub. Post your Google drawing.

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Where I am you can't have a master bath without a tub. Post your Google drawing.

My wife and I are in discussion if this is needed when we enlarge our current master bath. Currently it is a small stand up shower, 1 sink, and a toilet but I think I have found a way to get 2 sinks, 1 toilet, and a bigger shower but a tub is going to be tough to add.

cross22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

My wife and I are in discussion if this is needed when we enlarge our current master bath.  Currently it is a small stand up shower, 1 sink, and a toilet but I think I have found a way to get 2 sinks, 1 toilet, and a bigger shower but a tub is going to be tough to add.

Ok I see, disregard what I said. A second sink and bigger shower are obviously more important and so is having some room to move around freely.

brokencycle

Reaction score
Maybe I'm a crazy person, but I have never seen much value in having a second sink. I would rather have more space to move or for storage.

mike1445

Reaction score
@cross22 , I'm in agreement with your statement but the corner of the attic that is plumbed would just be too cramped with a tub.
Previously, the bathroom was broken into two sections, a toilet and vanity where I've drawn the shower, a shower where I've drawn the new vanity and a jacuzzi tub underneath the skylights.

My initial layout had the toilet under the skylights and the tub in the far corner but I didn't want to hit my head every time I used it. When discussing how often we would use a tub, the wife wasn't all that attached to it if we had the large shower and bench. It doesnt feel like a full master to me either but more money to be spent on the features we will use daily. This is still very rough so don't judge too harshly and I'll take any ideas into consideration.

This is my thought for the shower window/bench

Last edited:

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is our current master bath with toilet next to a metal legged sink. The door which opens in left blocks the small shower so if you are a bigger individual you won't fit. We are thinking of bringing this wall out 3-4 feet which would add enough space for a larger shower and 2 sinks. We are still a couple years away but I am excited for this project.

1ff1e0e764d6e47bdbe97f0eaf921536.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 104 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 13.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads