• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I don't mind good looking tv's, I find 60" to be big but have one in my study. I have a smaller tv on my main floor that is much nicer looking and slightly smaller, also sits more flush to the wall.

The roll down screen could be really cool, but I would not normal put a painting over a credenza, so I'm ok to just show the TV.

RedLantern

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Any suggestions on where to look for a dining room table? Just need something that sits 6-8 and hoping to spend <$3k (for the table itself).

Can find some really really nice stuff at consignment stores and on craigslist if you are patient and know what to look for.

Medwed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Rectangular with a twist

https://www.bukowskismarket.com/fi/596149-soffbord-mediabank-velodrom-peter-eklas-designtorget

Last edited:

Find Finn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Any suggestions on where to look for a dining room table? Just need something that sits 6-8 and hoping to spend <$3k (for the table itself).

What style?

The Beovision 10 is great, but I always imagined its functionality and usefulness directed more towards tight spaced areas.  Almost as if you are gracefully fitting in a TV in an area that usually would not welcome one.

It works surprisingly well on large walls as well, in a tight space I would use a floor stand.

From the other firm
tv1-före.jpg

tv2-efter.jpg

http://www.integrationdesign.se

E TF

Reaction score
That does look pretty cool, but it's a noticeably odd place to hang a mirror so I'm not sure you're really achieving much. A more natural place for a mirror would be over the fireplace but that would be way too high for a TV. I hate TVs hung over fireplaces, too high to watch comfortably unless you're in a neck brace and ugly.

Ataturk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
TVs are almost always mounted too high. The center of the TV should be level with the viewer's eyes. This is especially important with big TVs and LCDs in general which tend to have limited viewing angles.

Last edited:

Medwed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
TV over fireplace is a Golden Standrd of modern design! Next thing you'd say :"Stainless steel appliances are not cool".
Some Co. has to come up with a good way of hiding these screens. Some motorised contraption that covers TV with a painting or a light wall panel. Added problem of these screens is that they are all BLACK and thus brake any room when not in use.

Find Finn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

That does look pretty cool, but it's a noticeably odd place to hang a mirror so I'm not sure you're really achieving much. A more natural place for a mirror would be over the fireplace but that would be way too high for a TV. I hate TVs hung over fireplaces, too high to watch comfortably unless you're in a neck brace and ugly.

We can't see the rest of the room, so it's a guessing game whether or not it's the best place in the room or not.

archetypal_yuppie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
On the plus side, I think most people have figured out, by now, if I hadn't said it, that it would have been good, the idiot, that fireplace isn't a TV floor and he went and did it anyway but there was none.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

We can't see the rest of the room, so it's a guessing game whether or not it's the best place in the room or not.

I dunno...I think that is a pretty awkward height to have a mirror no matter what. If you were adult-height and walking from the other side of the room and passing through that doorway, you would pretty much just be staring at a reflection of your crotch the whole time.

Find Finn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It's in Stockholm, Sweden, so that would have to be an ikea box and not a B&O ;)

Based on the pictures alone, I assume that it's placed so it fits when you are seated (the mirror).

JohnGalt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Can find some really really nice stuff at consignment stores and on craigslist if you are patient and know what to look for.

3k will buy you a lot of vintage danish teak dining tables.

Depends on your location, but Krrb sometimes has some nice stuff (or can be a lead to identifying who the small independent restorers/dealers near you are)

This one is probably a bit small, but it is also under $1k:
https://krrb.com/posts/104102-danish-modern-teak-dining-table?rf=everywhere

Wegner by Andreas Tuck.

What style?

Thanks for the thoughts...hard to specify what style. We are more likely to order something than wait for consignment/thrift finds. Have tried some local searching, but no such luck.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics