• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

PhilKenSebben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Mujib

Reaction score
I would leave the fireplace and consider filling in the gap in the middle with a matching brick.
How hard is that going to be, finding matching brick?

I've also thought about painting it a softer white, but I don't know ...

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

SixOhNine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Its project calls for three mixed-use buildings: a 17-story tower with 194 dwellings and 2,100 square feet of commercial space; an 11-story with 2,131 square feet of commercial space and 78 dwellings; and a seven-story building with 14,168 square feet of commercial space and 110 residential units.

Really stretching the definition of "mixed use", aren't they?

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Its project calls for three mixed-use buildings: a 17-story tower with 194 dwellings and 2,100 square feet of commercial space; an 11-story with 2,131 square feet of commercial space and 78 dwellings; and a seven-story building with 14,168 square feet of commercial space and 110 residential units.

Really stretching the definition of "mixed use", aren't they?

lol maybe . but that is a pretty commercial spot as it is , and there is a civic complex with iirc a courthouse right there and the great gryphon stringed instruments is a stone's throw away , and not far on the other side is camino real which is like a giant strip mall .

if i had to guess the mixed use designation probably allows for other considerations ( i didn't read the story )

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We’ve needed to replace our kitchen fridge for a while, but I’m having a hard time finding a replacement in the right size. The one we have is 29”W x 25” deep x 79” tall. Does anyone know of a brand that makes this size fridge besides Liebherr (this is what we have). Ideally it wouldn’t be too expensive since we might be out of this house within a year.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
What's everyone's preference when it comes to a tub spout with diverter? The pull up type seems to get more wear and tear, people tend to yank it hard over time i.e., me. The pull down seems like a better option. Noticing there's new types of pull up diverters (see below). I think I may opt for a pull down diverter still, it'll be to replace the hall bathroom that hasn't been in use since the 3 years I moved in. Expecting some house guests staying over though so need to get it fixed ASAP. Small home improvements here and there...

Exhibit A
stainless-delta-tub-spouts-rp93376ss-64_600.jpg

edit:
Having the same problem as this vid so actually might give the WD-40 a try first lol

I found this helpful as I spend the next couple of days replacing a tub down spout / faucet with a diverter. Made sense before I looked it up not to use putty for the wall cavity unlike some YT videos show.

Picked up supplies from Home Depot this morning (as well as 21 poinsettias for $2/each). Flowers are set and faucet secured. Nothing leaking backwards after a few trials and managed to get the caulking around fairly evenly. Pretty happy for first time. Diverter works well and HUGE improvement from the old faucet. Quick fix as guests coming this weekend, may want to upgrade sooner than later 🤷🏻 Home ownership

cross22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We’ve needed to replace our kitchen fridge for a while, but I’m having a hard time finding a replacement in the right size. The one we have is 29”W x 25” deep x 79” tall. Does anyone know of a brand that makes this size fridge besides Liebherr (this is what we have). Ideally it wouldn’t be too expensive since we might be out of this house within a year.
Replacing appliances sucks. Try AJMadison, they have a large inventory and you can search by each dimension to see your options.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
The garbage disposal in my SIL's kitchen packed up on Wednesday night. Home Depot claimed to have the same model in stock at the nearest store, so I went with my BIL to pick one up. Of course, the internet lied, so we got the next tier down. I discovered that its narrower diameter at the inlet for the dishwasher left us 1-2" shy on that connection, so we had to go back to buy a new hose. I think I spent more time trying to get the old one going than actually installing the new one.

He was so impressed that I could swap this out without calling a plumber. 😁

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yes, Home Depot website lied about having 10 tub faucets in stock (aisle 40, 15). :mad: Paid a little more for the next one I bookmarked.

I didn't see any garbage disposal on sale though so still waiting on that (Badger 5 1/2 HP).

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulioCesarSalad