• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The high end Chinese Shoe Thread

boot_owl

Reaction score
BA27898D-A3B1-4A39-8FBE-6060FAEB13ED.jpeg
3B58E77F-0CC5-47A2-A8B8-BA4342805B18.jpeg
Quick outdoor snaps. Been working on my polishing too

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Also, it is not under $600 and that is wrong.
The price is $829.91 SGD ex GST ~ $622.50 USD for the shoe alone and $697.50 USD (with Toe tips and Trees). And there is a up charge for Janus Suede, Museum calf and Utah leather as well depending if someone takes that option.

Well then that makes it worse ?. I would guess Yeossal may receive questions to the effect of, "why the upcharge when they are supposed to be under $600?".

saurabh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well then that makes it worse ?. I would guess Yeossal may receive questions to the effect of, "why the upcharge when they are supposed to be under $600?".
Yes and you know who should be blamed for that lol. Upcharge i mentioned is not for Horween hatch grain or regular box calf but for leather like Museum calf, Utah and Janus suede which even Oct Tenth charges extra. I find Vlad review on YouTube (SF member here) for shoes much better than Kirby to be honest.

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i mean its ok.. i don't watch any of his videos anymore.. all of them are sound like ads.. he never objectively reviews anything
I agree. I loved his channel when it first started with only shine tutorials. And then yeah it turned into an ad channel...

I'm not sure why I don't watch shoe video reviews (other than what Vlad puts up), but the one time I did watch his review on EG (curiousity more than knowledge fulfillment) it offered nothing more than what the EG site presented.

TBH, I didn't watch this one either, so I can't comment if it was useful ?.

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes and you know who should be blamed for that lol. Upcharge i mentioned is not for Horween hatch grain or regular box calf but for leather like Museum calf, Utah and Janus suede which even Oct Tenth charges extra. I find Vladimir review on YouTube (SF member here) for shoes much better than Kirby to be honest.

I just mentioned Vlad ??.

Kirby is a SF member as well, so be mindful of possible Saphir product upcharge on your next purchase ?.

saurabh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
me three...? Though I bought when I was still living in London over 10 years ago, and I'm still using same supply, that tells you how little I shine my shoes...

edit: and it's not like I bought a ton, definitely less than 80 gbp if memory serves...

Kangnamstyles

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
me three...? Though I bought when I was still living in London over 10 years ago, and I'm still using same supply, that tells you how little I shine my shoes...

edit: and it's not like I bought a ton, definitely less than 80 gbp if memory serves...
Yeah I bought nearly all of the colors when I first started getting into shoes. They’re probably going to last me my entire lifetime lol based on workplaces will shift towards more remote work in the future.

boot_owl

Reaction score
I'm not sure why I don't watch shoe video reviews (other than what Vlad puts up), but the one time I did watch his review on EG (curiousity more than knowledge fulfillment) it offered nothing more than what the EG site presented.

TBH, I didn't watch this one either, so I can't comment if it was useful ?.

I think the most meaningful videos for nerds like us involve constructing or deconstructing the shoe. It’s difficult to convey things like leather quality in a review, otherwise all were being shown is what we can already see from photos. That Chinese video from early in the thread was great for this (though visual gibberish for the majority of youtube watchers)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads