• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The high end Chinese Shoe Thread

saurabh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeossal Patterson Boots today !

42E47C68-F259-4C3A-860A-D96216015AC0.jpeg

Complete Novice

Reaction score
View attachment 1538509 View attachment 1538510 Quick outdoor snaps. Been working on my polishing too
Hey there - nice shots!

Are these by Mattina? If so, would be keen to see more ...... have heard good things, this brand seems to have some real talent behind it - I was told Stefano Bemer trained? - but gets less love than I had expected, am wondering why.

Perhaps they should give away pairs to the usual suspects to get 'reviewed' : ) There, I said it ..... ROFL

boot_owl

Reaction score
Hey there - nice shots!

Are these by Mattina? If so, would be keen to see more ...... have heard good things, this brand seems to have some real talent behind it - I was told Stefano Bemer trained? - but gets less love than I had expected, am wondering why.

Perhaps they should give away pairs to the usual suspects to get 'reviewed' : ) There, I said it ..... ROFL
Correct - Zhao Ruoda was an employee at Bemer (not just a trainee) and is essentially in charge of the Mattina factory. As a stand-alone brand, it’s still very new - has been producing private labels for Japanese brands for over 2 years now

saurabh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey there - nice shots!

I am curious to know who are the usual suspects who get free pairs here lol

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey there - nice shots!

While I do not own anything from Mattina at the moment, I can speak about @boot_owl. If you are on the fence, no better person to steer you in the right direction.

The man knows his shoes. He has an eye for aesthetics, and values a well made shoe. His word about Mattina would be as good as gold. Based on my experiences dealing with him, it would remove any apprehensions I would have concerning the quality of Mattina.

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No that won’t count but lasted boot trees or only 1 shoe will count as well lol

Sadly I had not received either of those things free. Could use some free lasted 3 pcs boot trees to review.

Speaking of, if anyone is reading this I'll make it really easy for you. I want to review Alden Indy Boot trees for free. They need to be natural in color and 3 pieces as mentioned. Also, I would like Obeche wood.
Wait can a person receiving complimentary items make requests? ?

boot_owl

Reaction score
No that won’t count but lasted boot trees or only 1 shoe will count as well lol

From me, nobody has received anything for free except for shoe trees from the launch promotion and some of my experimental full veg tan tongue pads - which I’m happy to send anybody for the price of shipping (~$15-20 usd, I will show a receipt) if they have shoes with instep or heel slip issues that they need some help with, in exchange for feedback only.

saurabh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sadly I had not received either of those things free. Could use some free lasted 3 pcs boot trees to review.

Speaking of, if anyone is reading this I'll make it really easy for you. I want to review Alden Indy Boot trees for free. They need to be natural in color and 3 pieces as mentioned. Also, I would like Obeche wood.
Wait can a person receiving complimentary items make requests? ?
If requests count , then I would want to review a braided bespoke SpTD from Templeman or Daniel Wegan :) it’s not happening for sure lol

saurabh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
From me, nobody has received anything for free except for shoe trees from the launch promotion and some of my experimental full veg tan tongue pads - which I’m happy to send anybody for the price of shipping (~$15-20 usd, I will show a receipt) if they have shoes with instep or heel slip issues that they need some help with, in exchange for feedback only.
How is the instep of Mattina shoes ? Is it similar to Yeossal/Oct Tenth/ Xibao or like G&G/C&J etc ?

JohnMRobie

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As the resident low instep low volume poster on here I’m intrigued. ?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads