• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Reaction score
Any love for vans slip-ons?
ft3zR.jpg

bbaquiran

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MiddleClassDude
I actually think I like those better as blue-ish shoes like in the original photo... the grey is fine but I like the blue.

There is a hint of blue to the gray. There's also a nice detail of a thin vertical strip of nylon webbing with three thin blue stripes on the heel counter.

xCrunchx

Reaction score
Heydays have some great hi tops but they lack something that i cant put my finger on, supra societies in suede have great potential, same with generic surplus. all these three have great potential but lack something IMHO

Fycus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They are all vulcanized sole and have unstructured upper bodies. If the soles were stitched on, beit by machine or hand, and if the upper part of the shoe was more structured looking- all of these budget shoes would be on point. The reason for gluing the sole and having an unstructured body all factors into cost, but there are plenty of stitched soled shoes (vans versa) and ones with structured bodies (clae) that look good at a budget price. Also the shoes u mentioned tend to be on the chunky side, whereas the slim profile looks nicer.

snuff_daddy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
for $70.00 i think theyre a very good alternative to CPs, but dont expect the qual to be any good..but im sure u already know that

lemmywinks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ideas for the type of sneaker I should be looking for for the jeans and button down look? The problem with most sneakers to me is that the white stands out too much and makes it look too athletic. It's like high school kids wearing sneakers with their 'tux' for prom.

I'm thinking adidas sambas in black with the brown sole but I'm open to ideas.

sheldon3

Reaction score
Originally Posted by onion
To find German Army Trainers go on German ebay and use the following search terms:

-bundeswehr turnschuhe
-bundeswehr hallenschuhe
-bundeswehr sportschuhe

Be sure to email the seller (I used bablefish to translate) to make sure they ship outside of Germany.

Could you provide a link to your seller?

Tonybag0dohnutz

Reaction score
Hey everybody,

I'm looking for a pair of Vans Chukka Boots (high) in black leather. I figured it'd be a staple that I could get anywhere, but I'm only able to find the Chukka Boot in canvas/suede. Any recommendations? Thanks (sorry if this is the wrong post for this).

bbaquiran

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fycus
They are all vulcanized sole and have unstructured upper bodies. If the soles were stitched on, beit by machine or hand, and if the upper part of the shoe was more structured looking- all of these budget shoes would be on point. The reason for gluing the sole and having an unstructured body all factors into cost, but there are plenty of stitched soled shoes (vans versa) and ones with structured bodies (clae) that look good at a budget price. Also the shoes u mentioned tend to be on the chunky side, whereas the slim profile looks nicer.

What are the advantages of a stitched sole over vulcanized? Durability?

Blackmaged

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey guys. Wanted some opinions about some shoes... I have the opportunity to pick these up but wanted input from SF first.
fragment-design-x-nike-all-court-3.jpg
Nike x Fragment All Court low. Kinda seems like an overpriced pair of JP... but still wanted your guys' thoughts on them
worship.gif
commonproject1.jpg
CP Safari boots. Not sure on the sizing of these, do they run large like the Achilles lows? Lastly, are there any black sneakers that work well with slim jeans? I need a pair of sneakers that are good for being crapped on by Boston winter. Thanks
spam[1].gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads