• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I would say, don't buy them unless you're actually playing indoor soccer or just want a shoe to lift weights. While I may have been fly as **** in sixth grade, it's hard not to look like a sixth grader unless you're doing anything other than working out. Then they're totally legit. If you check out the adidas originals website (shopadidas.com), there are actually several nice-looking alternatives to the samba if you want a classic low-cut shoe and want to avoid the contrast stripes (understandable). for example, these are pretty nice: http://www.shopadidas.com/product/in...74&shopGroup=R Of course, I'm kind of an adidas die-hard - especially when it comes to cleats. Been wearing predators since like the second iteration I think, but I stopped buying the street shoes when they started hurting my achilles
frown.gif

pallidsoul

Reaction score
k-swiss-classic-high-p.jpg

I like these quite a bit. Just from lurking here I'm guessing most of you probably won't though haha. General thoughts on them? Negatives, positives, etc.

Stylin-1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ Those are vomit inducing ******* awful.

mondayc

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Stylin-1
^^ Those are vomit inducing ******* awful.
That's about as constructive as it gets. To add:
Terrible shape.
Stripes are obnoxious
I hate the toe box, everything about it
It looks like someone dipped them in the oil-covered Gulf of Mexico to get that sheen.
K-Swiss

pallidsoul

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mondayc
That's about as constructive as it gets. To add:
Terrible shape.
Stripes are obnoxious
I hate the toe box, everything about it
It looks like someone dipped them in the oil-covered Gulf of Mexico to get that sheen.
K-Swiss

Ahh much better. Thanks.

jaychiz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
always been a fan of the basic superstar
adidas-superstar.jpg
though i haven't worn a pair in 4-5 years

stevester1

Reaction score
hey guys, long time reader, first time poster. Hope you approve:

Spring_Court_G2_Low_Cut_Canvas_White.jpg

262-1-300.jpg

just ordered both pairs off of ssense (the black ones are on sale for like 32$ CDN)

willy cheesesteak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Converse Chambray Chuck Taylor Specialty Ox by L. Ruano, June 6, 2010
converse-purple-chambray-1.jpg
Adding to an already successful run of colorways, Converse drops this purple/lavender version of its Chuck Taylor Specialty Ox from the First String line. The shoes take on an old school midsole design, as opposed to the slimmer contemporary cut, and sport full lightweight chambray uppers, perfect for the Summer weather. These are now available from The Darkside Initiative. The Darkside Initiative [MAP] 1827 Powell Street San Francisco, CA 94133 415.837.1909 Photography: Hypebeast

lemmywinks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
**** chambray.

dtmt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thoughts on new "slim" Chucks? Anyone seen these in real life?.... they look a little like clown shoes in the pics

1048040-5-MULTIVIEW.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads