The definitive SF-approved non-baller sneaker thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by lemmywinks, May 27, 2010.

1. slappy

slappy Senior member

I wear these sometimes, well I have a different color that looks much better. Mine is like a dark (maybe light) brown with the stripes being green (maybe just other browns), red possibly, gold (maybe not), maybe blue. Actually I have completely forgetten what they look like. I love them though. [​IMG] I care nothing about the brand Penguin, the reason I bought them was for the penguin on the side. Im just a fan of penguins. I found them at an Off Fifth for around 50-60 bucks.

2. Dom

Dom Member

What are your favorite non-baller high tops other than the Converse Highs?

PF Flyers. And more specifically... Cousy Hi.

Here's my collection of PF Flyers.

[​IMG]

3. theom-

theom- Senior member

I'm surprised Camper doesn't get any love. They've got some funky stuff, but the simple clean stuff looks really nice and great for the price.

4. dusty

dusty Senior member

This thread is already better than the other one.

5. ysb

ysb Senior member

Clae Diegos are super comfortable. I have tons of sneakers but I usually end up wearing these. Clae doesn't get seem to get much mention on this forum. They pop up on Gilt every so often for cheap. Another thing about them is that they're much more supportive than shoes like chucks or plain canvas sneakers. [​IMG]

6. scribbles

scribbles Senior member

[​IMG]

recently picked these up on the cheap. not for everyday wear, but supremely comfortable and look mighty fine with chinos.

+1. They came out last fall so they are a bit of a pain in the ass to get your hands on now, though eBay usually has them (also available in red and green). Thankfully Nike is re-releasing them in the near future and with less artificial yellowing of the sole.

7. poly800rock

poly800rock Senior member

went to target to buy a coffee pot today, walked out with these [​IMG] [​IMG] not as slim or low profile as I'm used to but does the $20 job.

8. whereismyshoe

whereismyshoe Senior member

went to target to buy a coffee pot today, walked out with these [​IMG] [​IMG] not as slim or low profile as I'm used to but does the $20 job.
    i got these to work in for $5! you overpaid [​IMG] seriously though, they're actually very comfortable. totally worth a five spot.

9. Fuuma

Fuuma Franchouillard Modasse

-Converse Chucks high white
    -AF1 high in all white
    -Adidas Stan Smiths all white

Designer sneakers are definitely not needed to have a good sneaker selection. I prefer fancy shoes, jackets etc but sneakers I could do without although I like a few of the designer ones and I guess they gel slightly better with my look.

10. trafficjam

trafficjam Senior member

Thoughts on poor people chinese brands? [​IMG] [​IMG],\\ Literally peasant status.

11. poly800rock

poly800rock Senior member

i got these to work in for $5! you overpaid [​IMG] seriously though, they're actually very comfortable. totally worth a five spot.

ouch?

12. chronoaug

chronoaug Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)

+1. They came out last fall so they are a bit of a pain in the ass to get your hands on now, though eBay usually has them (also available in red and green). Thankfully Nike is re-releasing them in the near future and with less artificial yellowing of the sole.

artificial yellowing was part of why i liked them. think the won't look near as good clean/crisp white. But yea, i liked those green/blue/red shoes. Kinda wanted a pair. Should've scooped one up when they were one sale

13. brohymn

brohymn Senior member

seem like good beaters from muji which can be had for about $26, dont know too much about them though
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

anybody have any experience with these?

orderable online?

14. Vaitek

Vaitek Senior member

15. nakedundermyclothes

nakedundermyclothes Senior member