• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Definitive Guide to Slim Fit Shirts

Coachie

Reaction score
Originally Posted by marc237
Peter Elliot used a brand called Sanfort, an Italian maker, that produces slim fit shirts. On sale, they are quite the steal.

These shirts are excellent for my build
I bought 10 at $10 each 1/2 point collar and 1/2 button down all white
46 chest
38 waist
17 neck
33 sleve
they come with a band at bottom to assist in keeping shirt tucked in

StephenB

Reaction score
Man I got some slim fit shirts from BB. The shirts fit decent but the sleeves around my wrists are way too big.

allaboutshoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Saigonesque
Slim fit or not, does anyone know where I can find a shirt maker that makes cheap shirts for incredibly small men? I'm something like a 13.75" neck, 23" sleeves, 31" chest, 5'6", 125 pounds, and Express XSs are the only thing I've found that fit me. Unfortunately, the material is incredibly shoddy and uncomfortable (I just put a shirt in the sink to hand-wash it with lukewarm water, and color bled everywhere.) Anyone in a similar situation find an alternative?

Try H&M. Their cottons are surprisingly decent quality and they have a nice sheen to them. Highly recommended for smaller guys

DaGruppo

Reaction score
We suggest Antichi Telai's dress shirts. The cut is excellent and they are really well tailored. If you wanna know more about that, just send me a message.

Jokerman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ok so I have a hell of a time finding a good slim fit shirt that fits they way I want. I always try the smallest sizes when I go to a store and the sleeves are always baggy and they are to long in length. I have one shirt that fits the way I like from of all places Benetton. I am of course picky about the fabric. I despise wrinkles(I am serious OCD). Can anyone recommend a place where I might find a shirt with similar measurements to the ones below in the $80 or bellow range? I would prefer to stay away from MTM but if worse comes to worse I will have to.

25 1/2 Sleeve Length
17 Pit to Pit
28 in Length

Im roughly 5'9 and 120 pounds.

Wesley Bills

Reaction score
Originally Posted by rogerm
The shirts I'm always searching for are Polo "Custom Fit" shirts. For me, they fit better than some MTM shirts. However they are very hard to come by. I can never find them at the Polo store and the 1-2 shirts they have on Polo.com are usually atrocious. There are plenty of tent-like "classic fit" shirts available.

They are my favorites too. In fact to me they are the best shirts that fit. I just love it.

samssf

Reaction score
I appreciate all the good information here, but am hoping someone can help me further.

I've been to the places that have local shops here in San Francisco, but have not found anything that moderately fits me.

I have a 36/37 sleeve length from back of the collar, 28" sleeves from the shoulder, 17.5" - 18" shoulders, and a 38" chest.

Now, if I can find a slim fit shirt with the correct arm length, I can easily take in the shirt around the chest a bit so that it fits, and I'm okay wearing casual dress shirts a little lose. But the only time I've found shirts that sorta fit is when they are *not* slim fit, and have large shoulders. This causes the arms to start lower on my shoulder and hence the cuffs will come down to the proper spot on my wrist.

For the guys out there that are happy with your finds - - any of you have 37" sleeves or anything close to the measurements above?

I've ordered a few MTM shirts, but would like to get one sooner for an upcoming date, and also would like to find "casual dress shirts".

Frank Davis

Reaction score
Originally Posted by DaGruppo
We suggest Antichi Telai's dress shirts. The cut is excellent and they are really well tailored. If you wanna know more about that, just send me a message.

I wanna know more as well. Could you please post the info here so that I can benefit too?

Jim Barns

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Frank Davis
I wanna know more as well. Could you please post the info here so that I can benefit too?

If you wanna know moer as well, what about you just message him as well.

Simon Radash

Reaction score
A slim fit shirt is always what I want when I go out there to buy a shirt. But unfortunately except you are loaded, it is not easy to get exactly what you want at an affordable price.

Achilles_

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I received my Savile Row Co shirts today. Pretty slim fit actually, a tiny bit larger (if any) than my extra slim fit BB shirts.

Fabric on my plain color shirts seems a little thin, will be nice in the summer though.

The gingham shirts I received seem thicker, a little better quality.

There seems to be some loose threads around the buttons, nothing that some scissors can't fix.

I will try and update after a few washings.

For $17 a shirt and free shipping I am very pleased!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics