• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Controversy over Super Wools

Will

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kronik
Did I offend your sensibilities? A search on "Controversy Over Super Wools" turned up no results. Perhaps you should invest in a pair of bespoke panties - the chafing should be less severe.
rimshot.gif

For kicks: http://styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=37078
http://styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=36054

That's OK, you probably found it fun repeating grades in school too.The first thread you posted is the one you couldn't find.

rssmsvc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Artisan Fan
Interesting...what book is this?

The Elegant Man, (use the link for SF if you decide to purchase)
http://www.amazon.com/Elegant-Man-Co...9563607&sr=1-1

There is some interesting information in this book on materials and some interesting facts. I thought the section about people in the middle east use of wool garments to protect against the hot weather interesting.

There are some interesting articles on the durability of good cashmere but a great one on how to care for it :
http://www.scotclans.com/customer_se.../cashmere.html

kronik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Will
That's OK, you probably found it fun skipping grades in school too.The first thread you posted is the one you couldn't find.
I did. "For kicks: " - I posted the links for those that read the thread, so that they'd see that the discussions had already taken place. Searching "Controversy Over Super Wools" (the name of the article) != "Controversy Over Super Wool." Do people pay you for asinine commentary when you're dressing them as well?

offline100

Reaction score
Kronik you are one of the most obnoxious f*ktards on this forum. Please stop being belligerent to Will, whose posts are massively more informed, helpful and mature than your childlike combativeness. It's not his fault you can't do a simple search of the archives.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by offline100
Kronik you are one of the most obnoxious f*ktards on this forum. Please stop being belligerent to Will, whose posts are massively more informed, helpful and mature than your childlike combativeness. It's not his fault you can't do a simple search of the archives.

crackup[1].gif
laugh.gif
lol8[1].gif

I have no idea who you are, but I love you.

dokelroth

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Artisan Fan
I'm just going on personal experience. My Kiton suits in Super 150s have held up very well with regular use since the early 2000s.

Some 150s are not well made but there are some that are terrific. My 180s Kitons are also doing fine so far.

We will just have to agree to disagree. I don't believe that they last.

dokelroth

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Connemara
crackup[1].gif
laugh.gif
lol8[1].gif

I have no idea who you are, but I love you.

Originally Posted by imageWIS
+ a trillion.

Jon.

That is cold. Kronik seems like a good egg to me.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads