• We would like to welcome LuxGentleman as an official Affiliate Vendor. LuxGentleman offers Neapolitan sartorial brands such as Isaia, Kiton, Borrelli, Sartoria Partenopea, D'Avenza, and Attolini, and Italian luxury brands like Loro Piana, Zegna, Canali, Cucinelli and Brioni at great prices. Please visit their thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The CM Graveyard: First Sartoria Partenopea... next J. Crew?

Nbarbar

Reaction score
I thought it has been covered (not by Zara), like Eleventry sometimes got a bit BC vibe to it as well
My understanding is Eleventry is ex BC guys selling the look for less. Their whole business model was appropriating the aesthetic with poor, in relative terms to BC, fabrics.

Proleet

Reaction score
My understanding is Eleventry is ex BC guys selling the look for less. Their whole business model was appropriating the aesthetic with poor, in relative terms to BC, fabrics.
Perhaps they’re also fine with a slightly less luxury markup factor/profit margin. Can’t imagine it’s all fabric costs...

Nbarbar

Reaction score
Perhaps they’re also fine with a slightly less luxury markup factor/profit margin. Can’t imagine it’s all fabric costs...
I'm sure any business would be happy with 70% of the BC markup. Its, Eleventy, is an interesting concept though, for me it fails in the fabrics and construction 'narrative' compared to BC. Although how many people are buying BC because of the fabrics and the narrative of Solomeo and how many are now buying it because Bezos and Zuck wear it non stop?

gfmozart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm sure any business would be happy with 70% of the BC markup. Its, Eleventy, is an interesting concept though, for me it fails in the fabrics and construction 'narrative' compared to BC. Although how many people are buying BC because of the fabrics and the narrative of Solomeo and how many are now buying it because Bezos and Zuck wear it non stop?
I think BC fabrics belong to the same level of Kiton etc. Possibly the narrative is driving sales more than the quality. The top of the quality pyramid isn’t that vast for diversity in suppliers. Eleventy if anything is BC for less. I do think they can produce BC level stuff, and they do produce some superlative items each season and if the interview quoted BC margin of 7x goes by, it means that even if eleventy has a lower margin, it still remains relatively profitable even if they use BC materials without BC overheads like maintaining an Italian village, restoring theatres etc.

zr3rs

Reaction score
... with poor, in relative terms to BC, fabrics.
I bought a pair of BC flannel trousers where not only ALL buttons popped off by just pulling slightly (which I fixed easily myself), but the fabric simply tore vertically at the back after about 10 wears without any external influence. Needless to say their service claimed it was excessive use.
Judging from this isolated example, I can only conclude (for myself) that their quality of fabrics and manufacturing is miles below their price level, though the aesthetics are appealing.

Riva

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I bought a pair of BC flannel trousers where not only ALL buttons popped off by just pulling slightly (which I fixed easily myself), but the fabric simply tore vertically at the back after about 10 wears without any external influence. Needless to say their service claimed it was excessive use.
Judging from this isolated example, I can only conclude (for myself) that their quality of fabrics and manufacturing is miles below their price level, though the aesthetics are appealing.
Typical shit Italian quality that I saw even with Isaia, Rubinacci, Orazio, etc etc etc. Lots of hype surrounding big brand names and less real quality. While unknown brands like the Spanish Lopez Aragon are offering MTO G Inglese quality at Spier prices.

Lancaster

Reaction score
I have a few platinum pieces with top notch fabrics and construction. But my experience is anecdotal and limited to the few pieces I have.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

WHAT'S THE MAX NUMBER OF SHIRT BUTTONS YOU'LL UNDO BEFORE FEELING OUT OF PLACE?

• Just the collar button is enough for me.

• Two, including the collar button.

• Three, including the collar button.

• None.

Results are only viewable after voting.