• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Bond Workout

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
not that i'm not denying roids is used by celebrities, but just keep in mind that also, some bastards just have the right genetics. moreover, if it's your "job" (i.e. getting paid millions) to eat, sleep and train with the proper people, it's not unbelievable that someone can get these gains naturally. I'm sure I'd look pretty damn good after 12 weeks training hours a day with my own personal chef and not having to hold down a job - since these actors usually do so before filming.

Mauby

Reaction score
Again, I freely admit I am the last person on Earth to ask about roids and other muscle building supplements.

foto010101

Reaction score
Originally Posted by teddieriley
not that i'm not denying roids is used by celebrities, but just keep in mind that also, some bastards just have the right genetics. moreover, if it's your "job" (i.e. getting paid millions) to eat, sleep and train with the proper people, it's not unbelievable that someone can get these gains naturally. I'm sure I'd look pretty damn good after 12 weeks training hours a day with my own personal chef and not having to hold down a job - since these actors usually do so before filming.
It is obvious that many well known actors gain considerable muscle mass in an unbelievably short time period. It seems almost all action heros, MTV dancers and male models were born with x-men genetics... I think people with the right genetics are just very very rare.

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
**** the genetics argument. Outside of anthropometry and genetic endocrine disorders, most people are pretty similar.

And training hours a day doesn't make you bigger or stronger unless you're on drugs.

Flambeur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by why
**** the genetics argument. Outside of anthropometry and genetic endocrine disorders, most people are pretty similar.

And training hours a day doesn't make you bigger or stronger unless you're on drugs.

you mean as opposed to training an hour a day, or not at all, or once a week, or what?

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
i will agree, though leaness does seem somewhat predicated on genetics unless you go v-diet or some other more extreme measure.

Originally Posted by why

foto010101

Reaction score
Originally Posted by thekunk07
i will agree, though leaness does seem somewhat predicated on genetics unless you go v-diet or some other more extreme measure.
+1

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Flambeur
you mean as opposed to training an hour a day, or not at all, or once a week, or what?

Whatever training volume tends to work best for given goals. Yeah, that's partially cryptic and imprecise, but it's all you're going to get. If you're working out for 'hours every day' and seeing awesome results you're on drugs. Literally.

I mostly agree. Anthropometry plays a role in that as well.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
he didn't really look all the big, well defined, yes.

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by teddieriley

I can eat, sleep and train with the best of them. If I choose to, I can train all day. I look pretty good, but I can't put on 20 lbs of muscle in 12 weeks naturally, though I could drop 20 lbs of fat in that time period though. (To be fair, there would be a few pounds of muscle in there.)

In a lot of cases what you're seeing in Hollywood is not so much the packing on of extra muscle, but rather the dropping of excess fat. An average-sized actor will look larger at 170 and 10% BF than he will at 190 or so and 20% BF. Therefore, there's a lot of clen in Hollywood.

Hillary Swank put on some serious size for Million Dollar Baby, but there was a good deal of fat with all that muscle. To do so, she ate non-stop.

lefty

Chicago Guy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JoeWoah
He's bulked up in it so I'm guessing a lot of low rep/high weight core exercises (dips, squats, presses, dead lifts) and then cardio done at a separate session later in the day. At the very least, it would do the job pretty damn quickly.

I'm pretty sure that low reps and high weight is to build strength, not bulk. Bulk comes from higher repetitions....e.g. 1- 6 reps, high/max weight = strength building and 6-12 reps, medium weight = bulk (i.e. bigger looking muscles)

Of course you have to eat a #$%*-load as well to gain the kind of bulk that Craig put on. Although 'roids could be in there as well, I'm not fully buying it. These guys have the top trainers and are training as their full-time job for these roles. Although not "easier," they certainly gain results much quicker. Take The Biggest Loser for example.

danyllau

Reaction score

I began to lose such genetic leanness a few years ago for whatever reason (age, incremental beer effect, or may slight details i never pay attention to). Don't think my life style actually changed that much;I always eat a lot and anything I want . Now I would look quite out of shape now without regular hard exercise; I do not really have to try at all before lol.

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by why

BS. No matter how smartly I trained and ate, my body will never look like Daniel Craigs (whether on or off roids). And it sure as hell will never look like the Dwayne "the Rock" Johnson, whether he was off roids and I was on them. You know why? Genetics. You know why? My muscle density and the length of my muscle fibers isn't the same. You know why? Genetics.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads