• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Ashes

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Seriously?

Current partnership 278 runs, 75.4 overs, RR: 3.67 (Trott 110, Cook 142)

facepalm.gif
******* baggy greens. I remember, and it wasn't too long ago, that Australia just ******* dominated anyone and everyone.

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edinatlanta
so have the aussie bowlers just decided to go home? **** I miss McGrath, Warne, (either) Lee....

The Aussie attack should be pretty good based on some of the individual performances of Hilfenhaus, Bollinger, Johnson, Siddle, etc over the past year. They need to bowl in tandem with more of a plan. I guess that's where a quality spinner is missed.

They need someone like Vettori who could tie up one end. That's where Stuart Clark might be good if they brought him back.

jaypee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edinatlanta
facepalm.gif
******* baggy greens. I remember, and it wasn't too long ago, that Australia just ******* dominated anyone and everyone.

They did for 15 odd years, you cant keep that up though

Theya re dominating all the under 19s 21s etc, so it wouldnt surprise me if they stride away again in a few years

Gotta love the English press, they get a draw and they act as though they have won 35 straight

Mr Herbert

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
the english did show the australian attack up as being toothless

thankfully Hussey and Hadin stepped up, Pontings half century did little to give me confidence.

streetminimal

Reaction score
the australian squad is going down the ******* every single session played.

culverwood

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Australia squad for Perth: Ricky Ponting (captain), Michael Clarke (vice-captain), Shane Watson, Phil Hughes, Mike Hussey, Steve Smith, Brad Haddin, Michael Beer, Ryan Harris, Mitchell Johnson, Peter Siddle, Ben Hilfenhaus.

Marcus North, Doug Bollinger and Xavier Doherty dropped. Katich injured.

Michael Beer, Steve Smith, Ben Hilfenhaus and Mitchell Johnson are in squad.
Phillip Hughes comes in for the injured Simon Katich.

No Warney!

samjenkins

Reaction score
Australia's batting lineup may come right but they just dont have a bowling attack to get 20 wickets in 2 of the next 3 tests! Gone are the days were they had Mcgrath, Gillespe, Lee and Warne

EnglishGent

Reaction score
I see that you Aussie's let this thread slide. Felt it needed to be revived as the Ashes are still Englands
smile.gif

Cleav

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by EnglishGent
I see that you Aussie's let this thread slide. Felt it needed to be revived as the Ashes are still Englands
smile.gif

"I only wish I had the sort of job that brought me into contact with lots of Australians I could gloat over. But I'm a bit old to be a barman".

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz19WMAaO7G

culverwood

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
"Ricky Ponting believes it is “absolutely possible” that Australia can trounce England with a 5-0 Ashes clean-sweep this summer. Although Ponting didn’t quite match Glenn McGrath’s 5-0 prediction from four years ago – which turned out to be correct – he was confident that Australia had learnt from their mistakes and such an outcome was “all in our hands”."

“It’s absolutely possible,” Ponting told reporters. “There’s no reason why not. It’s all in our hands. It’s how well we play and how well we take charge of different situations. We’ve learnt from a lot of the mistakes that we’ve made. There’s no doubt we made some mistakes in the last Ashes series in England that probably at the end of the day cost us the series.

“We know now that we’re a more experienced and probably a better team now than we were then. We put that together plus we’re playing in our conditions, we hope to win this series and win it well. Batting collapses probably were the reason we lost the series last time around and our inability to bowl them out on the last day in Cardiff. I’ve got confidence in the squad of players that we’ve got that they are going to be good enough to win an Ashes series.”

3 - 1 to England I think

EnglishGent

Reaction score
Has been a joy to watch, notably Cook's batting. Most enjoyable batting however has to go to Swann and Tremlett spanking 20 off a Johnson over last night.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads