• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Armoury - Official Affiliate Thread

henriik

Reaction score
IMO, this fit as-is is slept on. Light blue sport coat + navy polo + grey trousers. This plus black tassel loafers. Has a very cool nighttime vibe.

View attachment 1556088

I feel like the above is something an extra character would have worn in this scene.

yea great fit; seems like a more S/S than F/W fit. Saw this in person as well and definitely considered this as well. The color of the sport coat just pops and the texture looks open airy and unique.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
You don't wear sweaters? Why deprive yourself of an entire (amazing) clothing category? Makes all these jacket/trouser combos so much richer and more interesting.

Unless I’m outdoor for long then too hot, end up having to take it off indoor

mossrockss

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think that coat can be worn with grey trousers, but I especially like it with mid-brown. Something like this:

View attachment 1556040

That's a whipcord fabric in Holland & Sherry's Dakota book. IMO, the Coarsehair jacket looks great with that, a blue oxford shirt, and either black tassel loafers or dark brown derbies.

The Armoury has a similar pair of pants in RTW

View attachment 1556044

I really like how that combo has a somewhat tonal vibe, but without going full tonal. Feels very sporty to me, and in line with a lot of Loro Piana brand styling. Sort of different plays on soft, cold hues of brown.

Mark also has some good styling ideas here

I'm a super dork, I know because seeing videos and photos of outfit combinations of tailored clothing gets me excited.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I also think this is slept on

Would wear this wool-mohair olive suit:

ndcym9aenx3tc6mfvbdz.jpg

With an open collar white dress shirt (no tie)

5134795210823.jpg

Or some kind of lightweight charcoal knitwear (long-sleeved polo or turtleneck). The link here is for a short-sleeve polo, but maybe The Armoury has one in long-sleeve or can place an order. I like this color, so am including it.

5134726004807.jpg

Then a narrow black belt and black tassel loafers

5134777122887.jpg

d24kr0ywhewo3etgf7vf.jpg

Mohair has a slight sheen that I think looks great under artificial light at night. Really good for dimly lit bars and restaurants. The olive here is especially great because it's not like a field jacket olive. It's a very cold, almost greenish-grey. Very easy to wear as a color, has a subtle sheen, and looks very chic. Not an outfit you can wear to the office, but something you can use an excuse to go to nice bars and restaurants. Sort of like using a tuxedo as an excuse to go do something special for New Year's Eve, but this is something you can wear more often throughout the year.

In the Bay Area, there are a ton of swanky, but affordable bars and restaurants that would be great for this sort of thing.

TheShetlandSweater

Reaction score

View attachment 1556130

View attachment 1556134

Or some kind of lightweight charcoal knitwear (long-sleeved polo or turtleneck). The link here is for a short-sleeve polo, but maybe The Armoury has one in long-sleeve or can place an order. I like this color, so am including it.

View attachment 1556136

View attachment 1556140
View attachment 1556142

Mohair has a slight sheen that I think looks great under artificial light at night. Really good for dimly lit bars and restaurants. The olive here is especially great because it's not like a field jacket olive. It's a very cold, almost greenish-grey. Very easy to wear as a color, has a subtle sheen, and looks very chic. Not an outfit you can wear to the office, but something you can use an excuse to go to nice bars and restaurants. Sort of like using a tuxedo as an excuse to go do something special for New Year's Eve, but this is something you can wear more often throughout the year.

In the Bay Area, there are a ton of swanky, but affordable bars and restaurants that would be great for this sort of thing.

I'd go crimson and white university stripe ocbd and black grenadine (or knit) on that one.

mbb355

Reaction score

View attachment 1556130

View attachment 1556134

View attachment 1556136

View attachment 1556140
View attachment 1556142

I'd go crimson and white university stripe ocbd and black grenadine (or knit) on that one.

Maybe this is what @TheShetlandSweater was getting at, but I have trouble wearing a plain white dress shirt without a tie (a plain white OCBD is a different matter). But I agree that this suit's color is great, unique, and highly wearable with lots of different palettes.

TheShetlandSweater

Reaction score
Maybe this is what @TheShetlandSweater was getting at, but I have trouble wearing a plain white dress shirt without a tie (a plain white OCBD is a different matter). But I agree that this suit's color is great, unique, and highly wearable with lots of different palettes.

I was just expressing another look I thought would go well. The look Dieworkwear mentioned is fine, just not something I'd do. As for the look I suggested, I really like OCBDs. I like subtle reds and pinks against greens (complements look nice together when they aren't both too strong), and I like black accessories with olive-y colors and other earthy colors that aren't too warm. I do like to wear ties, though. There is something really nice about them.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
IMO, this fit as-is is slept on. Light blue sport coat + navy polo + grey trousers. This plus black tassel loafers. Has a very cool nighttime vibe.

View attachment 1556088

I feel like the above is something an extra character would have worn in this scene.

yea great fit; seems like a more S/S than F/W fit. Saw this in person as well and definitely considered this as well. The color of the sport coat just pops and the texture looks open airy and unique.

Grabbed this sport coat late last fall, it is definitely lightweight, and more for spring summer, maybe early fall, than fall/winter. I imagine wearing it with tonal shirt tie up top (light blue shirt, navy tie) and med grey trousers, or blue shirt, black knit tie. But will definitely try with navy polo, grey trousers. I can also see it with cream chinos, light blue OCBD. Pretty much a summer navy blazer alternative.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I guess it's a good thing almost nothing is in EU44 so I'm less tempted with RJ promotion ending soon...

mbb355

Reaction score
What do y'all think of this piece:

Doesn't seem to get much attention, but I kind of like it as a lightweight grey jacket to wear with charcoal fresco trousers for a spring/summer monochrome look.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
What do y'all think of this piece:

Doesn't seem to get much attention, but I kind of like it as a lightweight grey jacket to wear with charcoal fresco trousers for a spring/summer monochrome look.

I dig it. Agree on the monochromatic pairing.

There are so many options out there for very "trad" pairings, and while I like that stuff too, I appreciate the mix of modern selections in The Armoury's lineup.

This one has a larger check, which I thought made it more distinguishably a sport coat.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads