• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Armoury - Official Affiliate Thread

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Been a while since I've ventured into MC so somehow I missed the Armoury opening, but I am looking forward to visiting my next trip to HK. SHould be in February or so. Best of luck with the venture, gents, and hope to be a customer very soon.

yfyf

Affiliate vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Douglas
Been a while since I've ventured into MC so somehow I missed the Armoury opening, but I am looking forward to visiting my next trip to HK. SHould be in February or so. Best of luck with the venture, gents, and hope to be a customer very soon.

Thanks Douglas, do stop by sometime. We have a couple events going on in Feb, G&G's trunk show + unveiling of their new line and also an eyeglasses maker called Nackymade from Kobe.

Sanguis: we'll get a little diagram up showing how the chest is measured, the charts are correct, though.

luk-cha

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by yfyf
Vintage Oak. That dude above knows his stuff. (he also took the picture)

cheers!
cheers.gif

one of my better pictures too
tongue.gif

ThinkDerm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Thanks Douglas, do stop by sometime. We have a couple events going on in Feb, G&G's trunk show + unveiling of their new line and also an eyeglasses maker called Nackymade from Kobe.

Sanguis: we'll get a little diagram up showing how the chest is measured, the charts are correct, though.

eyeglass maker sounds interesting!

Odd I/O

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by FidelCashflow
I just ordered my first pair of Carmina's. So excited!
bounce2.gif

Do you have more shoes in store than on your website? I noticed a few styles here I didn't see on the website.

Where does Carmina sit in the hierarchy of high end shoes (Crockett and Jones bench and handgrade, Edward Green, Vass)?

FidelCashflow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Odd I/O
Where does Carmina sit in the hierarchy of high end shoes (Crockett and Jones bench and handgrade, Edward Green, Vass)?
To be honest I never even thought about it. I haven't seen the shoes in person yet so I can't judge with any certainty. Just eyeballing it from all the pics, looks better than C&J handgrades. The leather looks more antiqued as opposed to C&J benchgrade shoes where the leather colour is perfectly uniform. They have a shoe which is almost a dead ringer for the EG Dover and the apron is clearly hand-stitched (I know of only 1 C&J handgrade shoe that is done like this - it's their most expensive one and it doesn't look half as nice.) I know they are all Goodyear welted and made in Spain. I haven't seen the soles so I can't tell if they have concealed channels or not, but I would imagine they do. Price is quite reasonable. I'll post pics and my thoughts once I get my hands on them.

aj_del

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
To be honest I never even thought about it. I haven't seen the shoes in person yet so I can't judge with any certainty. Just eyeballing it from all the pics, looks better than C&J handgrades. The leather looks more antiqued as opposed to C&J benchgrade shoes where the leather colour is perfectly uniform. They have a shoe which is almost a dead ringer for the EG Dover and the apron is clearly hand-stitched (I know of only 1 C&J handgrade shoe that is done like this - it's their most expensive one and it doesn't look half as nice.) I know they are all Goodyear welted and made in Spain. I haven't seen the soles so I can't tell if they have concealed channels or not, but I would imagine they do. Price is quite reasonable.

I'll post pics and my thoughts once I get my hands on them.

Interesting, I was under the impression that they were comparable to CJ benchgrades rather than handgrades. Quite possibly, I am wrong ....

Which CJ handgrade are you talking about in the bolded text ?

yfyf

Affiliate vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mr. Moo
The Carmina split toe derbies are pretty damn sweet. Is that last anything close to C&J 325? I have a wide foot. What does shipping run to the US?

USD 45 for shipping to the USA. The Alcudia is true to size, you might feel it a bit at the pinky if you have a wide foot. The Inca last is much better for wider feet, easily my favourite last (and very successful in the store as well).

FidelCashflow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aj_del
Which CJ handgrade are you talking about in the bolded text ?

The Banbury loafer, it's around 75 pounds more than the other handgrades on account of it's handstitched apron - still not as nice as the Carmina's

Mr. Moo

Boxercise Toughguy
Reaction score
USD 45 for shipping to the USA. The Alcudia is true to size, you might feel it a bit at the pinky if you have a wide foot. The Inca last is much better for wider feet, easily my favourite last (and very successful in the store as well).

Thanks. That is too bad... the pinky toe is the one place that hurts for me if the shoe is too small.
ffffuuuu.gif

Odd I/O

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
To be honest I never even thought about it. I haven't seen the shoes in person yet so I can't judge with any certainty. Just eyeballing it from all the pics, looks better than C&J handgrades. The leather looks more antiqued as opposed to C&J benchgrade shoes where the leather colour is perfectly uniform. They have a shoe which is almost a dead ringer for the EG Dover and the apron is clearly hand-stitched (I know of only 1 C&J handgrade shoe that is done like this - it's their most expensive one and it doesn't look half as nice.) I know they are all Goodyear welted and made in Spain. I haven't seen the soles so I can't tell if they have concealed channels or not, but I would imagine they do. Price is quite reasonable.

I'll post pics and my thoughts once I get my hands on them.

Looking forward to your first hand experience with them. Does the price you quoted above include shoe trees?

Oh and would be nice to know what brokerage/duties/custom fees you get hit with. Hopefully not a lot.

aj_del

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Which shoe is the split toe one in this pic, the one next to the split toe boot PG's pic from his brog
tumblr_ldq3kdqdxX1qazg1ao1_400.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads