The Armoury - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by yfyf, Oct 18, 2010.

1. ZengaGent

ZengaGent Senior member

Hi Mark and company,

I understand that Ethan Newton is with you guys at present, so being a once-customer of his, I'd also like to he: Hello there, mate!

Wonder if someone could help me out here:

In terms of jacket length, how does a Size 48, Model 184 jacket compare with a size 38 jacket in the Herringbone Osaka cut? Is it longer or shorter. I'm asking because right now, the 38 Osaka cut fits me pretty much spot on; any longer though and the jacket would be too long, but slightly shorter (1 cm or two) would be okay.

Are there any other significant differences - pants included - between the two?

Am seriously considering the buying the 184 Charcoal suit in the next few weeks; love the fact that the sleeves come unfinished.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Cheers
    Ryan

2. Toiletduck

Toiletduck Senior member

Shoe trees aren't available yet. Carmina does not offer any lasted trees so we have been looking around for a good tree supplier.
    Hi Mark and company, I understand that Ethan Newton is with you guys at present, so being a once-customer of his, I'd also like to he: Hello there, mate! Wonder if someone could help me out here: In terms of jacket length, how does a Size 48, Model 184 jacket compare with a size 38 jacket in the Herringbone Osaka cut? Is it longer or shorter. I'm asking because right now, the 38 Osaka cut fits me pretty much spot on; any longer though and the jacket would be too long, but slightly shorter (1 cm or two) would be okay. Are there any other significant differences - pants included - between the two? Am seriously considering the buying the 184 Charcoal suit in the next few weeks; love the fact that the sleeves come unfinished. Thanks for your help in advance. Cheers Ryan
    Checking and will get back to you

3. ethandesu

ethandesu Senior member

Hey Ryan,
    The 184 looks pretty much like an unadulterated version of the Osaka - what it would have been at RJ before we made it Australianised. Judging by a 52 - I only have my own Osaka jackets here - the length seems about the same, but overall the body is slightly slimmer. From memory I was trimming down the jackets on you, so I think the RJ 184 should be fine.

Desu

4. yfyf

yfyf Affiliate vendor Affiliate Vendor

Great service from the Armoury on my recent purchases, thanks! Question: are Carmina shoe trees available? Couldn't find any info on the site.
    Unfortunately not available through us. They are nice so we got a few in for store display but they are a bit pricey for what they are so we chose not to sell them.

5. pinchi22

pinchi22 Senior member

Where does Carmina sit in the hierarchy of high end shoes (Crockett and Jones bench and handgrade, Edward Green, Vass)?

IMHO, better than C&J benchgrades, very close to C&J handgrades, not quite equal to Edward Green.

6. NORE

NORE Senior member

Unfortunately not available through us. They are nice so we got a few in for store display but they are a bit pricey for what they are so we chose not to sell them.

Got it, thanks! I love the shoes BTW. Very, very nice.

7. FidelCashflow

FidelCashflow Senior member

Got it, thanks! I love the shoes BTW. Very, very nice.

I just received the same chestnut brown semi-brogues and they are incredible - I think I have a new favourite shoe brand.

8. w.o.e.is.me.

w.o.e.is.me. Senior member

9. FidelCashflow

^Post pics!

Ask and you shall receive!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. Kaplan

Kaplan Senior member

11. w.o.e.is.me.

w.o.e.is.me. Senior member

So you find the last to fit small? I'm a bit tempted by the double monks.

12. FidelCashflow

So you find the last to fit small? I'm a bit tempted by the double monks.
    I don't know if it's my wide feet or something else, but it feels about a half-size small. I'm going to kop a half size bigger ASAP, they are worth it.

13. Odd I/O

Odd I/O Senior member

I don't know if it's my wide feet or something else, but it feels about a half-size small. I'm going to kop a half size bigger ASAP, they are worth it.

What duties/custom fees were you hit with? And what's your shoe size in other shoes like Crockett & Jones/Allen Edmonds/etc...?

14. Maccimus

Maccimus Senior member

15. FidelCashflow

What duties/custom fees were you hit with? And what's your shoe size in other shoes like Crockett & Jones/Allen Edmonds/etc...?

Nada! I take 9.5Uk in c&j 348, eu 43 in most other brands