• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Apple Discussion Thread

dcg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
iPhone 7 is here. This dongle sucks even more than expected. I was hoping it's be a solid piece with lightning on one end and 3.5mm jack on the other. Having the short cable in between just provides two more areas for the dongle to fail (just like their power cables always do).

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
so 7 plus or 6s plus? is jet black worth? i kinda treat my phones like ****

or pixel?

Last edited:

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

so 7 plus or 6s plus? is jet black worth? i kinda treat my phones like ****

or pixel?

If you don't care about size and take lots of pictures, 7 plus in regular black based on what you said. I had the plus and really enjoyed the immense battery life but I highly value one handed use and the plus was terrible there. So back she went.

But really I recommend you try them out at an Apple Store.

Can't buy a car without test driving it first right? ;)

ramuman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The dot is also 50 bucks and not 129. I'm hoping they both duke it out and Microsoft and Apple join just so there are enough reference points for Samsung to copy.

ramuman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

If you don't care about size and take lots of pictures, 7 plus in regular black based on what you said. I had the plus and really enjoyed the immense battery life but I highly value one handed use and the plus was terrible there. So back she went.

But really I recommend you try them out at an Apple Store.

Can't buy a car without test driving it first right? ;)

While I disagree about the cars, definitely need to check out the jet black in person. Sexy as ****.

Also the plus sized models don't make much sense imo if you have a tablet of your choosing. Hotspots are free with VZ (unsure with other carriers) and I'm fine just carrying the regular 7 most of the time.

Last edited:

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

While I disagree about the cars, definitely need to check out the jet black in person. Sexy as ****.

Also the plus sized models don't make much sense imo if you have a tablet of your choosing. Hotspots are free with VZ (unsure with other carriers) and I'm fine just carrying the regular 7 most of the time.

May I interest you in a pristine e46 m3? List price at $50,000.

No test drives allowed. Car speaks for itself!

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
I had previously tried the jaybird x2, and now trying out the freedom. I have to say that while they are alright and the freedom even allows for things such as customizing the sound profile on the device itself (rather than per-software or what have you), i still find the plain old apple earpods to be more comfortable and even sound better. i may have to accept the no play/pause/skip and grab the airpods if they turn out to be exactly like the earpods.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I tried the jaybird too. I think it was the x2. the quality of the materials was downright embarrassing

Last edited:

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Anyone using stock mail app with push and noticing that new emails are NOT getting pushed?

I have to manually launch the app to refresh the connection and I'll get my new emails delivered hours after the fact. Settings are all intact. Wtf.

Also still having issues with the persistent banner notification bug.

kasper007

Reaction score

Anyone using stock mail app with push and noticing that new emails are NOT getting pushed?

I have to manually launch the app to refresh the connection and I'll get my new emails delivered hours after the fact. Settings are all intact. Wtf.

Also still having issues with the persistent banner notification bug.

I've been having this issue ever since I got my 7 / upgraded to iOS 10. Actually missed some quite timely work email one evening lol.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Pixel has been getting fantastic reviews. It sounds like the Android phone to beat. Now Google just needs to step up in the marketing department if they want a real hit on their hands.

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Looks like we gon be getting new macs on the 27th.. damn, I can't wait! Apple gon be getting a lot of my monies this quarter.

ethanm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The keyboard has definitely gotten worse. Not bad enough to deal with the headache of a 3rd party keyboard but very irritating nonetheless.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads