• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Apple Discussion Thread

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
4K is a natural feature for an update in a future year. It won't fundamentally change how the device works or make consumers who bought this version feel burned.

With around a week left, I did what I always do and downloaded the iOS Beta. Overall I'm liking iOS 9. Seems like there are a lot of nice little improvements. The biggest one I have discovered is it looks like you can finally upload files to webpages from cloud services. I haven't had a chance to test it on many sites yet, but I can confirm I've seen it work twice now. You used to only get the ability to select photos from your camera roll to upload. Now Safari will display a menu to allow you to pick from iCloud, Dropbox, Drive, etc. If this is universal and not just hard coded into the sites I visited it's a huge change. The lack of being able to do this was one of the fundamental things holding iOS back from being able to be used as a true "pc" replacement IMO. I'll report back when I've tested it more.

On the negative side I hate the changes to the App switcher. They nailed it with the old version and I've got no clue why they made this change. If anyone has an explanation is love to hear it.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Also I think a lot of you are missing the bigger picture with Apple TV. It's not so much a play on Nintendo, but MS. The dream of the Xbox One has been a living room device running a variety of apps and fundamentally changing how we use our TV's. I have a gut feeling Apple is going to achieve this far quicker then MS will, unless the new Apple TV bombs.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Here are examples of the dialogue box I'm seeing that replaces the old "upload from camera roll" box. This is in Safari using the iOS 9.1 public beta.

I'm assuming your cloud storage selection is dependent on the apps installed on your device.

Again, this is a huge change to how Safari works and makes iOS devices far more useful. I'm surprised no one is talking about it.

Edit: The perfect example of a use case where this will prove a game changer is applying for jobs. You can now upload your resume and cover letter directly to a company's website from your iPhone or iPad on the go. Before this was impossible.

Last edited:

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Who's preordering tonight?

Gonna get me a gold 6s in 64 gb
1f44f-1f3fb.png

I'm also gonna buy a rose gold one and sell it. I see that one selling out in a jiffy and commanding a premium.

Last edited:

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I typically like rose gold when it's the real thing, but those iPhones look too pink to me in the photos. I'm curious if they look that way IRL. Could end up being the hot item with the womenz this year.

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Who's preordering tonight?

Gonna get me a gold 6s in 64 gb
1f44f-1f3fb.png

I'm also gonna buy a rose gold one and sell it. I see that one selling out in a jiffy and commanding a premium.

Idk if I want the 64 or the 128. Was thinking to get the 128 if its only 100 more and I keep my phones for ~3 years, might as well go all out

Last edited:

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
64 would be more then enough for my needs. I typically don't load a bunch of media on my phone anyone. Streaming has worked well enough.

hopkins_student

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I need to know what to make of this. I have a 5s that is on contract with Verizon for another five or six months. I want to buy an unlocked 6s at full price that I will continue to use on Verizon. Even after my contract with Verizon is up I will still use Verizon as my carrier.

So I pre-ordered a space grey 6s and was presented with three options: replace this iphone, replace another phone, buy a contract-free phone. When I selected "buy a contract-free phone" the only carrier option that comes up is T-Mobile and then it indicates you're getting a GSM phone. If you select to replace an existing phone on a Verizon account it indicates it's a CDMA phone. So I went with the option of buying a contract free phone and selected T-Mobile (the only option). When it comes will I be able to use it on Verizon's network? I thought the value of the unlocked iphone was that it would work on GSM or CDMA networks.

Thanks, h_s.

akatsuki

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did Apple Upgrade Program 6S+ 128GB Space Grey.

I can't wait til AppleTV is out.

Last edited:

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I need to know what to make of this. I have a 5s that is on contract with Verizon for another five or six months. I want to buy an unlocked 6s at full price that I will continue to use on Verizon. Even after my contract with Verizon is up I will still use Verizon as my carrier.

So I pre-ordered a space grey 6s and was presented with three options: replace this iphone, replace another phone, buy a contract-free phone. When I selected "buy a contract-free phone" the only carrier option that comes up is T-Mobile and then it indicates you're getting a GSM phone. If you select to replace an existing phone on a Verizon account it indicates it's a CDMA phone. So I went with the option of buying a contract free phone and selected T-Mobile (the only option). When it comes will I be able to use it on Verizon's network? I thought the value of the unlocked iphone was that it would work on GSM or CDMA networks.

Thanks, h_s.

Apple says that all the iPhones people buy on their upgrade program will be unlocked and compatible with all providers in the U.S.

Thus, assuming that the unlocked iPhones they sell on that plan are the same ones you get when you buy the unlocked model fully, up-front, then, yes, your purchase should work on Verizon.

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Did Apple Upgrade Program 6S+ 128GB Space Grey.

I can't wait til AppleTV is out.

Bought two 6s' in 64gb in full. One in gold and the other in rose gold.

Also bought one of apple's silicon cases in midnight blue.

Last edited:

poorsod

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I preordered a 6s+ via AT&T but shipping is estimated around 3rd week of October. *sigh*

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theresajulianne