• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Anderson & Sheppard Expatriates Thread

9thsymph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anything being made for the summer?

Not presently. I'm still on the fence about precious summer clothing. If I pull the trigger on anything, it will likely be a slouchy navy DB 4x1 (thinking bogart in "to have or have not" vibe)

Despos

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Not presently. I'm still on the fence about precious summer clothing. If I pull the trigger on anything, it will likely be a slouchy navy DB 4x1 (thinking bogart in "to have or have not" vibe)
Appropriate movie reference.

Hmm, slouchy navy DB?....to have or have not?

9thsymph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd basically be interested to order this:
IMG_3133.jpg

Despos

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I'd basically be interested to order this:
View attachment 1473938
slouchy is easier to achieve with a heavier cloth with substantial drape. Don't know what cloth would be light enough for summer temps but render a slouchy vibe. There are beautiful textured cloths from Ariston and Caccioppoli in mid to heavier weights that would do this. Using a light canvass and construction to offset the weight. End goal is to have a comfortable jacket that feels like wearing a sweater

9thsymph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
slouchy is easier to achieve with a heavier cloth with substantial drape. Don't know what cloth would be light enough for summer temps but render a slouchy vibe. There are beautiful textured cloths from Ariston and Cacciopoli in mid to heavier weights that would do this. Using a light canvass and construction to offset the weight. End goal is to have a comfortable jacket that feels like wearing a sweater

Yeah, this is where I get confused about what I want relative to how it would actually wear and function. I was thinking W. Bill Phoenix or Lamlana, which are both kinda of spongy but light? But then I was also thinking about getting something crisp, dry yet heavy, like some sort of fresco, or mock leno from the finmeresco book. Oh well...

Despos

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Didn't think of Mock Leno. Making two of them now, both with very soft and minimal construction. Using a canvass but not much else. Will see how they turn out.

If you go with linen, make it a suit, not just a jacket. Slouchy linen DB suit

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Re:Slouchy. I have this identical Borrelli Sorrento cut jacket in brown linen.
It fits in the chest and shoulders but it is kind of loose everywhere else. I do
not know if that qualifies as "slouchy". When I wear it it does make me feel
that I am in Santo Domingo where I spent several months more than 40 years ago.
Hot and humid with great food…and cigars, which i don't smoke.

s-l1600.jpg

Concordia

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
This might have come up elsewhere: does anyone know where Rees-Mogg gets his suits? They are clearly drinking from the A&S Kool-Aid, but there are some differences. Also, such sources as there are place his tailors in an independent shop somewhere else.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics