• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

sterlingindigo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah for $110, I’d ask for independence lining, contrasting welt and maybe a double JR.

I’m curious as to the direction as well. My thought is the only way to safeguard the future of recrafting is to increase the rotation.

BagleyBrown

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I saw that AE was sold in 2016. Has it changed hands again or is it just the MTO program that is in flux?

That was the sale in December 2016. Has not changed hands again. But the MTO program is getting a serious look right now - new orders not being taken right now to my understanding. ( @Mlopez may have been offered a color change )

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
That was the sale in December 2016. Has not changed hands again. But the MTO program is getting a serious look right now - new orders not being taken right now to my understanding. ( @Mlopez may have been offered a color change )
As some of the regulars know, the MTO program has been very minimal as of late. Even so, they're cranking them out. There is a chance this is just a chance to catch up, and we may not actually see an expanded program

Vocans

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Heard from a reputable source within AE that they suspect the MTO/GMTO program may be dead, at least for the time being. Of course that's only their suspicion as nothing has been confirmed at this point but the internal vibes don't seem overly optimistic.

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
According to a forum regular who heard it from his regular SA, the program is in fact dead. Kaput. Finito.

But as we all know...

What is dead can never die, but rises again, stronger than before!

Last edited:

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
According to a forum regular who heard it from his regular SA, the program is in fact dead. Kaput. Finito.

But as we all know...

What is dead can never die, but rises again, stronger than before!

Wow, a drowned god ref.

How long you been waiting to use that one...lol. No actually that was pretty good.

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow, a drowned god ref.

How long you been waiting to use that one...lol. No actually that was pretty good.

Not nearly as long as I’ve been waiting for that thrice-damned book.

Completed Dance with Dragons (the first time) three days after the release date. Ah, what a sweet summer child I was in those days. My youngest son who is now in Kindergarten wasn’t even alive then...

I’ve been reading this series ever since the 90s, but the old gods and the new only know if it will ever get completed.

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My fave pair from ye olden dayze circa 2014. The only thing MTO about this one was switched out insole (leather instead of poron) and outsole (daintiest instead of Vtap).

Seems like there were several Shaker Heights MTOs? Would love to see everyone’s again!

11BD7599-C6F1-464F-A504-140C35E8E3FB.jpeg

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I hate auto correct!
But, Dainite to "daintiest" is funny -

unless that was intentional -

but still funny.

Doh!!! I deleted and retyped that 4 times and it still got through!

Hahah

Leaving it up because it was clearly fated by Thor...

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

sterlingindigo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any forum members with pictorial examples of double soles Strand’s or Bradley’s? Other traditionally single soled A/E models welcomed :) I’m just trying to keep the dream alive...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads