• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

watchidiot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, the second question (or was it the third?), which asks for a Yes/No vote on the Townleys, is a bit confusing because of the price ($365) you listed, WatchIdiot. I want shell Townleys, not calf, but wasn't sure whether to check Yes or No.

In any case, let me also echo my thanks for the work you're putting in, WatchIdiot. It's much appreciated.

Damn - I hit no for both b/c the price of the Townleys was for calf. I vote for Townleys!

Thank you guys for pointing this out. My bad. For anyone who clicked on NO for question44 on page13 (44. Are you interested in the Townley (estimated price $325-$385650) but wanted a Shell Townley please let me know who you are via PM so I can delete your replies and you may enter another entry into the survey.

Again my apologies, it was a long survey to type and I didnt spot that pricing mistake.

Last edited:

watchidiot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What were the specs for those navy EC's?
Hi ridethecliche, the specs for my navy ECs are the following:
NAVY CALF, TONE ON TONE STITCHING
BLIND EYELETS
BLACK FLAT WELT
BLACK DAINITE
BLACK EDGE DRESSING
INDEPENDENCE LINING AND INSOLE - this was before there was an upcharge for Indy details on calf shoes

Last edited:

mimo

Pernicious Enabler
Reaction score
What's the upcharge? Worth it? I would be interested in a higher quality liner and insole (leather, not some weird space material stuff).

watchidiot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Survey taken. I thought it was best for me to just click every single box w/r/t the brown shell Townleys, because I'm really pretty flexible as to what I'd be interested in and I'm happy to rely on others to help narrow the options down. I hope that doesn't subvert the process too much.

@watchidiot , you are putting a tremendous amount of work into this - and I for one am very grateful!

Yeah, the second question (or was it the third?), which asks for a Yes/No vote on the Townleys, is a bit confusing because of the price ($365) you listed, WatchIdiot. I want shell Townleys, not calf, but wasn't sure whether to check Yes or No.

In any case, let me also echo my thanks for the work you're putting in, WatchIdiot. It's much appreciated.

Your welcome @halfnhalfnhalf and @Mean Mr Mustard ! We all are enablers here haha. I'm just hoping that one of the make-ups that will be ordered is one that I can jump in. Already have both the Merlot and navy EC. But even if not, as long as we can get a formal GMTO program going then I'm happy.

Talking about the navy EC, that's what I'm wearing today.

NWTeal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@watchidiot Took the second survey, looks much improved from the first and like it might have taken some time. Thanks for pulling all this together.

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Your welcome NWTeal. 24$ and typing up 20 pages, 70 questions and "too-many-to-count" choices is all it took. Haha.

Wow. Yeah, thanks for putting all this together.

watchidiot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow. Yeah, thanks for putting all this together.
No worries. I'm glad to help. We have 42 people who have responded to the survey now. A far cry from the 75 from the initial survey about models + leather. Folks here is the link to the latest survey:

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/7HZ9BLY

Hopefully we can get the responses in before the weekend.

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No worries. I'm glad to help. We have 42 people who have responded to the survey now. A far cry from the 75 from the initial survey about models + leather. Folks here is the link to the latest survey:

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/7HZ9BLY

Hopefully we can get the responses in before the weekend.

Didn't notice we had a new survey, just took it.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
questionsgems