• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The 50 Most Stylish Men of the past 50 Years-GQ

rdawson808

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim
...will immediately discount most of them in favor of Run DMC.

I don't see anything necessarily wrong with wanting to dress like the imagined public image of Cary Grant, but there is also nothing, IMO wrong with wearing jeans, chucks, and a comfortable sweater, assuming, of course that you aren't attending a funeral or something.

I agree with you. There is nothing wrong with wearing jeans etc. However, there's there's not much stylish about that usually (unless you're James Dean perhaps). And that's the thing for me--Kurt Cobain and others look like they've just rolled out of bed and picked up the first thing off the floor. It is very much "every day" wear, it is sloppy, and does not look the least "stylish" to my eye.

b

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Will no one answer who is the bedroom-eyed woman in the picture with Delon?

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rdawson808
It is very much "every day" wear, it is sloppy, and does not look the least "stylish" to my eye.

I think it is "every day wear" now because in some part, of the influence of Cobain and Grunge and their take on the classical blue collar look. I'm not saying that nobody wore jeans and cardigans before Cobain, but then again, people wore suits before Cary Grant too...

I know most people here won't like or "get" the aesthetic of clothes just being clothes - but to be fair, I keep my clothes in a pile on the floor next to my bed, so maybe I just live the influence of Kurt Cobain more than most.

smile.gif

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I always been fascinated by people having role models or personal heroes...
We all need personal Jesus in some kind of twisted way...

I do like and enjoy music ,sculptures,paintings or books but i have never felt a connection with an individual the same way than you...

I used to like as a teen Alain Delon in his older movies,Montgomery Cliff ,Brosnan in Brioni,Ferry or Bowie but i have never felt the influence of anybody in my life except Louis Ferdinand Celine in my ... mania...

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lasbar
i have never felt the influence of anybody in my life except Louis Ferdinand Celine in my ... mania...
Like Paul Morand and Drieu la Rochelle?

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Just to be perfectly clear, Kurt Cobain is neither a role model, nor a hero of mine.

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Nothing to do with the far-right connection ,RJMAN...
crackup[1].gif

Drieu de la Rochelle is a bit classically pompous for my personal taste...
Brasillach is also very interesting in the same vein...

I do love the raw energy of Celine's writing especially in " Le voyage au bout de la nuit"...He is with Camus and Apollinaire ,the big influences in my life....
I do recommend this masterpiece to every Sfers...

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lasbar de l'Isle Adam
Nothing to do with the far-right connection ,RJMAN...
crackup[1].gif
I do love the raw energy of Celine's writing especially in " Le voyage au bout de la nuit"...He is with Camus and Apollinaire ,the big influences in my life....
I do recommend this masterpiece to every Sfers...

If Celine were alive today he would be writing Voyage au bout de la Net.

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
He will be still angry and anarchist as ever or losing his soul in some obscure extreme political views...

He was quite a despicable human being ....

Albert Camus is more "tout public"....

I have two passions like la Baker ...My Anthony Delos shoes and Celine...

DocHolliday

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lasbar
He will be still angry and anarchist as ever or losing his soul in some obscure extreme political views...

He was quite a despicable human being ....

Albert Camus is more "tout public"....

I have two passions like la Baker ...My Anthony Delos shoes and Celine...

To knock the man for having deeply held social views while talking about how much you care about shoes seems a testimonial to his beliefs.

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DocHolliday
To knock the man for having deeply held social views while talking about how much you care about shoes seems a testimonial to his beliefs.
I think Lazenby was parodying something Josephine Baker said. And hey, don't knock Delos shoes until you try them.

PS: Lazenby, what about Tony? He will feel left out.

DocHolliday

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RJman
I think Lazenby was parodying something Josephine Baker said. And hey, don't knock Delos shoes until you try them.

PS: Lazenby, what about Tony? He will feel left out.

Yeah, I got that he's not really being serious. And heaven knows we're all here for the same reason. Perhaps I'm a bit too sensitive to these things. I just know too many people who really share that view.

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I told you about my last road to Damascus....

I was going to get some laser bespoke shoes from Tony when i had a revelation....I decided to give the Amiel ,austerity brogue job to Anthony Delos....

I'm not into fad and the all laser thingy is just too much for my classical brain...
i'm sure that Louis Ferdinand Celine would have had some crocodile shoes made during his African trips......
crackup[1].gif

I have realised that i do own a lot of John Lobb vintage 2004 or Fransisco pair of shoes in every colours...
I do need some wingtip ,austerity brogue and the Amiel JLP model is the most beautiful one...Anthony will do them with a twist and without the 4100 euro price tag....
plain.gif

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Amusingly, the Amiel was one of the inspirations for the Richelieus RJ that he made for me.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads