• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bartlett for today. Doing the navy with dark brown, which is rare for me. I am still not happy with edge color. I need to find a darker brown that works.

IMG_20231018_091231615.jpg

IMG_20231018_091240891.jpg

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
MacNeil 2.0 circa 2016. Think it was still on the 7 last. Style numbers did not always indicate last during this period.

I remember those days when a lot of people hated the 2.0 versions of shoes. I was in the minority in that I loved the Leeds 2.0, if it had piping. The profila binding on the 2.0 models was awkward. I miss those days.

TNshoefan

Reaction score
Been awhile since posting something, but FYI, there’s a new Youtube video where someone took a virtually brand new Higgins Mill shell boot and took it apart (not sawing) to show the different parts of the boot. Although he’s critical about some of the materials used, he liked the boot enough to buy two more in different color shell. If you search Youtube for Higgins Mill Chili Shell update, the video should come up.

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Been awhile since posting something, but FYI, there’s a new Youtube video where someone took a virtually brand new Higgins Mill shell boot and took it apart (not sawing) to show the different parts of the boot. Although he’s critical about some of the materials used, he liked the boot enough to buy two more in different color shell. If you search Youtube for Higgins Mill Chili Shell update, the video should come up.
Yes, Maurice Ronald.

donkeyhoatie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mentioned the shell Higgins Mill boots yesterday, so I figured I'd break them out. As many headlines as all the rare shell gets during trunk shows, I still think that burgundy doesn't get the respect it deserves. Just a beautiful, versatile color.

IMG_7236.jpg

M2511

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mentioned the shell Higgins Mill boots yesterday, so I figured I'd break them out. As many headlines as all the rare shell gets during trunk shows, I still think that burgundy doesn't get the respect it deserves. Just a beautiful, versatile color.

View attachment 2051103
On the contrary, I think it gets all the respect. It is a staple color! Those look great, and though I'm not big on the contrast welt like I use to be, goes well with your pairing I think.

donkeyhoatie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
On the contrary, I think it gets all the respect. It is a staple color! Those look great, and though I'm not big on the contrast welt like I use to be, goes well with your pairing I think.

I know burgundy gets respect in the form of year-round availability on the AE site, but I was basing that comment on the fact that nobody on the TS spreadsheet went with burgundy for any of the new/vault offerings. I get not choosing it for something like the Strand or Higgins Mill, since you can always get it. But, I thought there might be someone out there who might choose the Dundee in burgundy. What can I say? I've got a soft spot for burgundy shell. I like basic stuff executed well.

As for the contrast welt, my phone really likes to make the contrast a whole lot more pronounced than it really is. In real life, it's probably closer to this, depending on the lighting. Still a contrast, but not a blinding one.

IMG_7234.jpg

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I want them to be darker, but the problem is, all the dark brown or chili dressings I have always end up looking too bright or too loud. I might just paint them dark brown or black. I'm tired of getting it wrong.
Just use dark brown polish. That’s what I’ve done. Then you can seal it with clear if you want

M2511

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know burgundy gets respect in the form of year-round availability on the AE site, but I was basing that comment on the fact that nobody on the TS spreadsheet went with burgundy for any of the new/vault offerings. I get not choosing it for something like the Strand or Higgins Mill, since you can always get it. But, I thought there might be someone out there who might choose the Dundee in burgundy. What can I say? I've got a soft spot for burgundy shell. I like basic stuff executed well.

As for the contrast welt, my phone really likes to make the contrast a whole lot more pronounced than it really is. In real life, it's probably closer to this, depending on the lighting. Still a contrast, but not a blinding one.

View attachment 2051241

Fair enough, but some of us older purchasers got those burgundy dundees back when they were part of the regular lineup. I had a pair, sadly just didn't like how it fit my ankles and I think they just looked like blobs on me.. I always hoped they'd look as good on me as they did on others in photos but it didn't quite happen.

Those HM look nice in that photo, you are right contrast not so strong looking.

Hisheirness23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just use dark brown polish. That’s what I’ve done. Then you can seal it with clear if you want
I think if you wanted it to be permanent, you could apply some dark brown edge dressing/dye instead of wax/polish. Probably would have to sand or strip using accetone the existing edge polish (your favorite smell...Renomat!). Then the dye would soak in nice and maybe after a coat (or two) would achieve the color you're after.

bluejazzmonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have both. Let me opine.

The Daltons are friggin amazing. I've gotten so many compliments over them, it's not even funny; however, they are also not as rugged because they are leather soles.

Conversely, I love my snuff suede Freeports and the Freeport -is- being discontinued. Their gummy sole is more rugged, but also wears down pretty quickly. They also are much, much more casual, and though people like them, I think that my style generally veers towards the Daltons.

Do you have rugged boots? If so, go for the Daltons. If you need something rugged, go for the Freeports.

I mean the Daltons are also super versatile in that you can really wear them dressy or dressed down because they are in that sweet spot where they work with pretty much anything. The Freeports, meanwhile, really cannot be worn beyond cords.

Speaking of: I am going to go wear my Daltons right now to shoot some pool.

100%.

I’m packing for a romantic weekend with my Lady Friend and the Dalton is the 1st boot that I’m reaching for..…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads