• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

M2511

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Keeping my fingers crossed that the Hamilton comes back! I forgot who, but someone even speculated that AE may have lost the cutting plates for the Hamilton, this why we have not seen any new make-ups for them other than the weatherproof versions.

One of my Alden pre-orders just arrived and I gotta shell over $775 (pun intended), so this also may play a role in my participation with the AE TS. Am now on the fence with doing a UV HM on Double JR.
Lost them to what? Deliberately throwing them in the trash? Conveniently "lose cutting plates" to styles enthusiasts don't want to lose. It isn't like they just have 1 plate. PA plates seem to have extra security or something because they have lasted forever. Did they lose the templates and the plates? Just sounds like nonsense. Unless there was another fire.

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Lost them to what? Deliberately throwing them in the trash? Conveniently "lose cutting plates" to styles enthusiasts don't want to lose. It isn't like they just have 1 plate. PA plates seem to have extra security or something because they have lasted forever. Did they lose the templates and the plates? Just sounds like nonsense. Unless there was another fire.
Ma Caleres repurposed them as $75 gift cards.

Hisheirness23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
oooo what did you get?
IMG_9262.jpeg

JFWR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yeah, what's this friggin' BS about losing cutting plates.

You friggin' kidding me, here? Unless there was a destructive incident like a fire, there is no way in hell you're "losing cutting plates" of models, and even if so, you have THOUSANDS OF PRODUCED SHOES from which to BUILD NEW ONES?

Get the f out of here with this nonsense.

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Hisheirness23 I was jokiing about them losing the cutting plates for the Hamilton. But so far, AE has officially told us that the Bayfield and MacNeil have lost the cutting boards or are too wasteful to create. The Hamilton is probably not being used for the same reason that olive shoes are not being created anymore -- they don't sell too well.

I wore my Lasalle today because I needed a rest from leather insoles.
IMG_20230920_122507888_HDR.jpg

Derrlf

Reaction score
Few resources for you:
Many thanks. Those are all great resources and I learned a lot from them. I also found an archived AE page on the "Way Back Machine" about lasts here: https://web.archive.org/web/2006051...iew?storeId=1&langId=-1&catalogId=40000000001
I believe that page is from 2006. It confirms that the "4" last is indeed referring to the 234... but I'm still not finding anything about the 42 last. Nor whether there ever was a 674 last.

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Many thanks. Those are all great resources and I learned a lot from them. I also found an archived AE page on the "Way Back Machine" about lasts here: https://web.archive.org/web/2006051...iew?storeId=1&langId=-1&catalogId=40000000001
I believe that page is from 2006. It confirms that the "4" last is indeed referring to the 234... but I'm still not finding anything about the 42 last. Nor whether there ever was a 674 last.
Neo replied to himself in the first link about 42. Think 65 with too much cone height (for me). It was only used on things like the Nomads…feather welts and all the non leather insoles and soles you can eat
234 has lots of cone height too.

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
From AE_Insider on FB:

To Our Allen Edmonds Enthusiasts,

We realize there’s been some confusion around the end date for our Collectors Double Rewards Points offer. It was always our intention for September 21, 2023 to be the final day of the promotion. That was the date specified in our New Fall Styles mailer on page 4 (attached and highlighted). Unfortunately, there was an oversight on some of our other platforms where the end date was listed as September 25, 2023. We’ve heard that some customers began planning their upcoming Cordovan Trunk Show purchases with Double Rewards Points in mind before we corrected the end date across all our channels.

We understand the confusion and frustration this caused. It is—and will always be—our goal to provide an exceptional experience for our customers, no matter where they shop. With that in mind, we will be honoring the Double Rewards Points offer on all Cordovan Trunk Show orders placed by September 25, 2023. To earn the additional Rewards Points, customers who make a Cordovan Trunk Show purchase by end-of-day on September 25, 2023 must email the below information to [email protected].

• First and last name. Plus, the email used for your Collectors account

• For store purchases: the store number, date, register and transaction number (this information can be found on your receipt)

◦ or

• For online purchases: the web order number

A member of our customer service team will apply the additional points from your Cordovan Trunk Show order to your Collectors account and reply to your email to confirm when this is complete. Please allow 72 hours from the time of confirmation for your Rewards Points to be reflected in your Collectors account. Standard Collectors Rewards Points terms and conditions apply.

We appreciate all your support and are committed to continuing to bring you the best in heritage quality, traditional craft and American luxury.

Hisheirness23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
From AE_Insider on FB:

We realize there’s been some confusion around the end date for our Collectors Double Rewards Points offer. It was always our intention for September 21, 2023 to be the final day of the promotion. That was the date specified in our New Fall Styles mailer on page 4 (attached and highlighted). Unfortunately, there was an oversight on some of our other platforms where the end date was listed as September 25, 2023. We’ve heard that some customers began planning their upcoming Cordovan Trunk Show purchases with Double Rewards Points in mind before we corrected the end date across all our channels.

We understand the confusion and frustration this caused. It is—and will always be—our goal to provide an exceptional experience for our customers, no matter where they shop. With that in mind, we will be honoring the Double Rewards Points offer on all Cordovan Trunk Show orders placed by September 25, 2023. To earn the additional Rewards Points, customers who make a Cordovan Trunk Show purchase by end-of-day on September 25, 2023 must email the below information to [email protected].

• For store purchases: the store number, date, register and transaction number (this information can be found on your receipt)

◦ or

A member of our customer service team will apply the additional points from your Cordovan Trunk Show order to your Collectors account and reply to your email to confirm when this is complete. Please allow 72 hours from the time of confirmation for your Rewards Points to be reflected in your Collectors account. Standard Collectors Rewards Points terms and conditions apply.

We appreciate all your support and are committed to continuing to bring you the best in heritage quality, traditional craft and American luxury.
Kudos to AE for making this right, however, the oversight on some of their platforms included official emails, AE's homepage/website, various ads on IG and FB, so it sounds like "some" platforms means "all".

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
From AE_Insider on FB:

◦ or

Ooooooo…Now I’m really going to protest!

Moeck14

Reaction score
Kudos to AE for making this right, however, the oversight on some of their platforms included official emails, AE's homepage/website, various ads on IG and FB, so it sounds like "some" platforms means "all".
I mean one person probably made the update to all of them to be fair

Roycru

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wearing snuff suede Neumoks on Wingtip Wednesday while waiting for an eastbound Los Angeles Metro E Line train to take Petula Clark's advice and go downtown.

IMG_5866.jpeg

For fans of "A-E In The Wild" pictures, at the station before walking up the stairs to wait for the train.

IMG_5865.jpeg

Might have been nice if there had been a French midget saying, Boss, ze train, ze train" but there wasn't.

IMG_5867.jpeg

Meanwhile, across the street.

IMG_5863.jpeg

Hisheirness23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wearing snuff suede Neumoks on Wingtip Wednesday while waiting for an eastbound Los Angeles Metro E Line train to take Petula Clark's advice and go downtown.

View attachment 2030907

For fans of "A-E In The Wild" pictures, at the station before walking up the stairs to wait for the train.

View attachment 2030921

Might have been nice if there had been a French midget saying, Boss, ze train, ze train" but there wasn't.

View attachment 2030923

Meanwhile, across the street.

View attachment 2030925
I thought gas was expensive when I filled up Monday night, but $6.69/gal?!?!?!?! 😳😳😳

Baybombers

Reaction score
@Hisheirness23 I was jokiing about them losing the cutting plates for the Hamilton. But so far, AE has officially told us that the Bayfield and MacNeil have lost the cutting boards or are too wasteful to create. The Hamilton is probably not being used for the same reason that olive shoes are not being created anymore -- they don't sell too well.

I wore my Lasalle today because I needed a rest from leather insoles.
View attachment 2030719
I have the exact same pair in the closet waiting to be resoled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics