• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Teens hand in $100,000 catch

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Regardless of the origin of the cash, spending it would no doubt be a positive to society as a whole.

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
a co-worker found 600 dollars in 10's and 5's at a job we were doing once.

i've ran over quite a few ones, and a 20 once...

one hundred grand is one hundred grand, it'd take me 5-6 years to make that. i know a lot of 'admirable' things i could do with that kind of money, and returning it isn't one of them.

scarphe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by robbie
a co-worker found 600 dollars in 10's and 5's at a job we were doing once.

i've ran over quite a few ones, and a 20 once...

one hundred grand is one hundred grand, it'd take me 5-6 years to make that. i know a lot of 'admirable' things i could do with that kind of money, and returning it isn't one of them.

did your co-worker give it to the cops?

r...

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Slopho
Karma is just justice without the satisfaction, and I don't believe in justice.

Ahh, Way of the Gun.

I suppose if they can sleep at night when their in their 40's and life decides, sardonically as she always does, thats its best to be a *****; if they can still sleep at night, then the choice was at best, inconsequential.

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
Originally Posted by scarphe
did your co-worker give it to the cops?

no, he did not. i think he put most of it in the bank, he bought some cigars for the guys at work i think [i don't smoke so it was sort of 'gee thanks'] .r something.

JustinW

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Happy ending? Genius cops?

Police search creek after fishy $100k find

Police on the New South Wales north coast say they have thoroughly searched the area where two teenagers found almost $100k in cash.

Officers were called to a business in Lismore at about 11.00am on Friday when the boys handed over the money.

They told police the stash was found during a fishing excursion to Tuntable Creek near Nimbin earlier this month.

Inspector Greg Moore says officers will investigate whether the discovery is crime-related.

"Look that's obviously one line of inquiry we're looking at," he said.

"It could be proceeds of ill-gotten gains but at this stage we're certainly keeping an open mind."

Inspector Moore says it is not clear what will happen to the money if no-one comes forward to claim it.

"[The boys] could have a claim to it or it could go to internal revenue," he said.

"They're pretty philosophical about it. They've basically said they just want things to go back the way they were before they found the money I think."

Police want to hear from anyone with a claim or information about the cash.

Polemarch

Reaction score
I am from Lismore, looks like I should go fishing more often
smile.gif

If it was found out at Nimbin, then I would say 95% chance it is the proceeds of drug growing/dealing. The other possibility is that some drug addled feral inherited the money, and decided to stash it in a creek so that 'the man' (ie. banks, government, corporations) wouldnt get his hands on it
laugh.gif

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
facepalm.gif

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by scarphe
hypothetically if 100 usd was found on the ground the right thing to do would be give it to the nearest cop? what happen was the smae principle just larger quantity.

not really same principle. you walk into a room and you find a few drops of blood on the floor you probably dismiss it as just some small, minor accident.
you walk into a room and find blood smeared everywhere, you most likely will call the police.

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dakota rube
I truly hope they don't regret their action. Good karma will be with them.

Originally Posted by Sherman90
Uhhh, finding $100,000 cash IS good karma!!!!!!!
laugh.gif

No ****!
lol8[1].gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads