• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Teens hand in $100,000 catch

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Title should be "Australian teens are marsupialed."

Manny Calavera

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's nothing like Finder's Keepers. They found it while fishing along the shore. It's probably drug money, and no, I doubt it could be traced back to them as long as they didn't go on a local spending spree.

Sigh, silly kids.

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I guess no one saw Shallow Grave?

lefty

inq89

Reaction score
Those boys just bought themselves admission to college. All they have to do is write about character and how they've had it since childhood...

Lel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What the authorities don't know is that the teens actually found $200,000
wink.gif

choowy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by inq89
Those boys just bought themselves admission to college. All they have to do is write about character and how they've had it since childhood...

Australians don't have to pay cash upfront for an education. The federal government pays for their education. The government is paid back when the (former) student's income reaches a certain level.

I think the kids did an admirable thing.

With that said, I would have kept the cash. Good people generally don't carry $100K in cash.

JustinW

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by choowy
Australians don't have to pay cash upfront for an education. The federal government pays for their education. The government is paid back when the (former) student's income reaches a certain level.

I think he was referring to the US university entry system - which gives merit to community service, character and such stuff - as well as ability to pay. Unlike the Australian system which is based soley on Year 12 academic scores.

HelloIDistance

Reaction score
Man I would have kept the cash no questions asked. I wouldn't go around bragging about it obviously, but I would definitely keep the cash. It's not like someone was walking around one day and dropped $100,000 out of their pocket. Like stated its probably drug money.

tiecollector

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The right thing to do was hand in the cash, however, nice guys finish last so..... If I knew it was drug money I would have kept half of it and given the other half away somehow.

chenc

Reaction score
Originally Posted by tiecollector
The right thing to do was hand in the cash, however, nice guys finish last so..... If I knew it was drug money I would have kept half of it and given the other half away somehow.

Then the drug dealer would know you have the other half and come after you.

tiecollector

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chenc
Then the drug dealer would know you have the other half and come after you.

Drug dealer would not know you had it unless he planted it there just for social experimentation.

scarphe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
hypothetically if 100 usd was found on the ground the right thing to do would be give it to the nearest cop? what happen was the smae principle just larger quantity.

Slopho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dakota rube
I truly hope they don't regret their action. Good karma will be with them.

Karma is just justice without the satisfaction, and I don't believe in justice.

Originally Posted by thekunk07
stupid ******* assholes.

+1, why would you seek legal advice? You split it 50/50 & STFU about it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads