1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Technical Outerwear

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by hendrix, May 23, 2012.

1. BlackOUT

BlackOUT Member

Has anyone picked up an Isaora IO merino shirt (long or short) hoodie or insulated shirt? Curious about sizing, etc.

2. Stitches

Stitches Senior member

Machus is having a sale on their Isaora

In their email, they also mentioned that Isaora is "taking the company in a different direction" and they won't be stocking them for the foreseeable future.

3. wizzeak

wizzeak Senior member

interesting.

the minimal bomber looks nice. id consider getting it but I just bought a jacket that looks pretty much the same.

4. Distorbiant

Distorbiant Senior member

That's ominous. Any theories?

5. Stitches

Stitches Senior member

Well, Isaora has toed the line between wintersport v. fashion technical wear. Maybe Isaora is trying to lean more towards wintersport?

6. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Senior member

Yeah, that's actually kinda disheartening for some strange reason. I hope it just means they are leaning further toward every day wear with tech features and not a full on outdoor clothing line. But if Machus is dropping them then it sounds like its probably the opposite.

7. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

This most recent collection doesn't resemble anything like an outdoor line. I think the s/s and f/w this year were the best they have done.

8. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Senior member

I agree, that's why I hope they keep moving that direction. It's just the fact that Machus dropped them which is a little weird. Although most of Machus' lineup is pretty avant garde compared to Isaora so maybe it's as simple as that - Isaora doesn't fit in next to RO, Damir Doma and their private label stuff.

9. Distorbiant

Distorbiant Senior member

I was going to come back at you and say they have RC, W+H, N&F, and even Red Wing, but I noticed that their buys from those brands are pretty selective.

The way the email was worded makes it sound more political.

10. irbe

irbe Senior member

I Tried on the mainline Isaora insulate shirt yesterday. I'm usually a small in GBV and I was between sizes for the shirt. Small fit fine, but the collar seem too small and the medium was too loose. In terms of craftsmanship it seem well made. I would have picked it up as I'm looking for a mid layer piece for my shell outwear. Hopefully I can find an arcteryx veilance mionn blazer on sale still.

Anybody experience White Mountineering stuff? Never seen the stuff in person but guessing they are more fashion then technical? Was lookiing at the below:

[​IMG]

http://www.ssense.com/men/product/w...al_quilted_windstopper_jazz_duffle_coat/76825

Not sure if their stuff warrants the high price b/c its made in Japan. Any input would be fine. Cheers

11. Tigerprawn

Tigerprawn Senior member

^Norse has the mionn on sale... beware of customs though if you're not in EU.

12. irbe

irbe Senior member

Yeah sold out on my size. Thanks for the heads up Tigerprawn, you seem like a wealth of knowledge as you are a big contributor on SuFu. Hoping Barneys will start to slash price on their veilance stuff

13. Tigerprawn

Tigerprawn Senior member

Barneys normally does, but sizes typically go fast :(. I post much more frequently on sufu than on SF.

14. Teapot418

Teapot418 Well-Known Member

I have a merino tshirt and a henley, and the insulated shirt. The mediums for all of them fit great on me, and I'm 6'3", 200 lbs, 41" chest. They're all pretty long which is nice if you're tall.

15. irbe

irbe Senior member

How is the quality of the merino t-shirt? Was looking at the Henley but all sold out

16. DINDVHDVH

DINDVHDVH Member

17. Caveat

Caveat Senior member

Got my Isaora training zip ups. Highly recommend. Very cool looking in person. I got the sea green and the black planning to return one, but I want both. Might return the black. They do fit TTS.

18. rjbman

rjbman Senior member

SuFu accounts are free.

19. falla

falla Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Got this Stone Island Shadow Project-jacket two weeks back.
    I like my jackets to fit a little bit bigger than what they are supposed to. Also it is quite hard for me to find tops that fit, due to my length/width-proportions.
    I know the fit is quite boring, didnt put any time to it, but I am just wondering what you think of the fit of the jacket itself?
    Also, how would you wear it? Would love to get a grip of the whole Techwear-style more, so help me out if you want to :)

Thanks!

20. malcb33

malcb33 Senior member

1 person likes this.