• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Taylor Stitch - Official Affiliate Thread

oynag

Reaction score
Well, I went a whole goddamn week without ordering something. I'm so weak for interesting fabrics like the confetti chambray. I don't know if I've been more excited and more happy with a label's offerings like the run TS has had in the last three months. It would be nice if they'd knock it off for a while. Do some camo drop-crotch pants or something. Give me a break.

...wait, are those pants selvage?

Jdub6

Reaction score
The chore pants to me if are for more hands of people working. Not necessarily yard work or the such, but is definitely not for some desk jockey unless it's casual Fridays.

I think anyone can wear it just like jeans but that's just me. If it's not your style or doesn't fit your wardrobe then stick with ya know with right.
Thanks for the thoughts. Will probably give their chinos a shot. Backed the Rover jacket and the nice indigo canvas utility shirt. Gustin take note, mix up your stale buttons:) I cancelled my Gustin canvas workshirt that was about to ship as the TS just plain looks better, fit, buttons, etc. While the sizing is a bit counter intuitive, most items appear congruent with their individual sizing chart. Seems like this is true with the jackets? I got the 42lg..with a 47" chest but the shoulders are only 18.5..not too generous. I would rather have a 45-46" chest but am thinking a size up would be wise. Nice thing is they have a reasonable return policy.

drewcandraw

Reaction score
The only thing I noticed about my swift mills utility shirt is the sleeves are like 2inches too long for my taste. Also, be aware if you wear thick watches it will be hard to button that wrist. The large fits me pretty well for my stocky build.

But yes easy returns makes it simple for you. Why not try the chore pants. I wore mine last night to the warriors game with a Jersey.

Medoc

Reaction score
The only thing I noticed about my swift mills utility shirt is the sleeves are like 2inches too long for my taste. Also, be aware if you wear thick watches it will be hard to button that wrist. The large fits me pretty well for my stocky build.

But yes easy returns makes it simple for you. Why not try the chore pants. I wore mine last night to the warriors game with a Jersey.

Curry would still drain 3's in chore pants. I really wanted to be able to skip backing that confetti but I checked back tonight and every size is sold out except 44, the size I wear. It's hard to avoid a sign like that. Sometimes you just gotta attribute higher meaning to random coincidences and pull the trigger.

oynag

Reaction score

The only thing I noticed about my swift mills utility shirt is the sleeves are like 2inches too long for my taste. Also, be aware if you wear thick watches it will be hard to button that wrist. The large fits me pretty well for my stocky build..

My ONE beef with their shirts. I sometimes have to forego wearing a watch. Hydes and oxfords are usually okay but the Swift Mills and Indigo Jacquard utility shirts have no room for the time.

Edsal17

Reaction score
That is really disappointing to hear. I almost bought the cherry blossom shirt, even though I already had a shirt made of that same material (Naked and Famous). The shirt I have has the same issue. I have 6.25" wrists and I could even get the sleeve over the thinnest of watches.

Last edited:

meso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Sleeve length of the utility shirts have been too long for years.
A construction issue that was never really fixed?

sacafotos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
TS has consistently some of the best CS I've dealt with. Although, I am local, so perhaps it's one less complication to have to find something in inventory and ship it out.

Shout out to Mina for setting aside that white royal Oxford in size 38. I stopped by with my lady to pick it up.

@mikegnthensome

For the indigo canvas mechanic shirts, how much shrinkage do you anticipate the indigo dying to bring about? eg Size 38 in a sanded canvas version vs 38 in the indigo canvas?

What I really need is a size 37; the 38 is borderline too big and the 36 can't be buttoned but is perfect hem and sleeve length, just can't be buttoned.

th3buhbuh

Reaction score
That is really disappointing to hear. I almost bought the cherry blossom shirt, even though I already had a shirt made of that same material (Naked and Famous). The shirt I have has the same issue. I have 6.25" wrists and I could even get the sleeve over the thinnest of watches.

I've got a Stowa 1938 chrono (reasonably bulky) that the cherry blossom fits over. I mean, it barely fits over it, but it's not endangering the fabric/button. My Fitbit Surge is screwed (it's the rubber) though...

drewcandraw

Reaction score
i mostly wear diver watches so the cases are pretty thick and no way to button it up at least for me. So I just wear whatever watch that would fit underneath the sleeve lol.

But i still like their clothing and supporting local bay area plus the guys at the store are always chill to talk to about anything.

gambit402

Reaction score

TS has consistently some of the best CS I've dealt with. Although, I am local, so perhaps it's one less complication to have to find something in inventory and ship it out.

Shout out to Mina for setting aside that white royal Oxford in size 38. I stopped by with my lady to pick it up.

@mikegnthensome

For the indigo canvas mechanic shirts, how much shrinkage do you anticipate the indigo dying to bring about? eg Size 38 in a sanded canvas version vs 38 in the indigo canvas?

What I really need is a size 37; the 38 is borderline too big and the 36 can't be buttoned but is perfect hem and sleeve length, just can't be buttoned.

Mina is great. Sometimes I think she's the only person working there lol.

mikegnthensome

Reaction score

@mikegnthensome

@sacafotos There should be minimal shrinkage after wash in the Indigo Canvas Mechanic. The fit is very similar to the Sanded Canvas version but the Indigo Canvas is a slightly thicker fabric so it might feel slightly smaller.

We also do custom shirts too, if you really need perfection ;) ... LMK if you need anything else

Jdub6

Reaction score

Nice:) So your sleeves were 2" beyond the guide?(!) Well, I have been pretty set on "casual" duck canvas pants aka IH-666D (not international via Rakuten nor Rodeo Bros:( Seriously, after buying a bunch of IH **** via Rakuten, I'm sold. Anyways, I wanted a chore pant that was more office casual friendly. Still a bit hesitant getting the TS Rover and not just saying f^(! it going with time tested staple like Barbour or Filson. Still wondering why these folks and the likes of others like Gustin don't source kick ass Irish wool, etc. for more expanded knit options. That would be killer. The previous TS knits were nice yet somewhat lacking in fabric.

Last edited:

sacafotos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@mikegnthensome

Thanks for the quick response. I guess I had a slight brain fart and forgot the indigo canvas shirt in the Workshop is a Utility and not Mechanic shirt. Any difference in fits between those two styles?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads