• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Taylor Stitch - Official Affiliate Thread

cnew

Reaction score
So I just realized all of their sizing charts are kind of strange. For example: Their size charts say 44-L and 46-XL. However, on the order page, it says 44-XL and 46 XXL. Has anyone else noticed this? In the past I have ordered 44-XL. Am I actually getting the XL or the L?

gambit402

Reaction score

So I just realized all of their sizing charts are kind of strange. For example: Their size charts say 44-L and 46-XL. However, on the order page, it says 44-XL and 46 XXL. Has anyone else noticed this? In the past I have ordered 44-XL. Am I actually getting the XL or the L?

44 is XL. I have 3 mediums and they all say 40. I had a large I exchanged and it said 42. I think the size chart has a typo cause it shows a large twice.

cnew

Reaction score
44 is XL. I have 3 mediums and they all say 40. I had a large I exchanged and it said 42. I think the size chart has a typo cause it shows a large twice.
Thank you kind sir. Thought I was going crazy for a second.

Jdub6

Reaction score
Have been scoping TS for a while and they look great. Following some background via selvedgestyle forum (great by the way:) and here, there really is limited thoughts and experiences with anything other then their shirts as this seems to be a staple with them. With the 20% coupon, I was looking to snag a bunch mostly some pants and maybe the Rover Jacket. Surprised they don't have more knits and winter wear. At around $200 after the 20% off, the Rover jacket seems pretty solid, however, like anything (Gustin's briefcase comes to mind;), the OG AKA Filson seems to be the wiser choice but again they're 1/3 more. Jacket looks sweet though just bummed with the lack of lined sleeves and 6.25oz does appear extremely thin and ****, my Gustin chore coat is 13oz. Anybody have any thoughts on the chore pants. They look really great yet experiences with them are very rare. Thanks fells!!

Last edited:

th3buhbuh

Reaction score
Have been scoping TS for a while and they look great. Following some background via selvedgestyle forum (great by the way:) and here, there really is limited thoughts and experiences with anything other then their shirts as this seems to be a staple with them. With the 20% coupon, I was looking to snag a bunch mostly some pants and maybe the Rover Jacket. Surprised they don't have more knits and winter wear. At around $200 after the 20% off, the Rover jacket seems pretty solid, however, like anything (Gustin's briefcase comes to mind;), the OG AKA Filson seems to be the wiser choice but again they're 1/3 more. Jacket looks sweet though just bummed with the lack of lined sleeves and 6.25oz does appear extremely thin and ****, my Gustin chore coat is 13oz. Anybody have any thoughts on the chore pants. They look really great yet experiences with them are very rare. Thanks fells!!
I think a canvas shell of 6.5 with another 10 in the liner is reasonable - I also would have compared them with Barbour instead, but that's me. ANYWAY. Their maritime shirt jacks are always great, the maritime sweater is new (knits are new for them), most people love their project jackets which would be more comparable with the Gustin chore coats....Um....I love their Telegraph suits - great cut, comfortable....yea. I think their shirts are still probably the most commonly backed item (and therefor the most commented on).

Jdub6

Reaction score
I think a canvas shell of 6.5 with another 10 in the liner is reasonable - I also would have compared them with Barbour instead, but that's me. ANYWAY. Their maritime shirt jacks are always great, the maritime sweater is new (knits are new for them), most people love their project jackets which would be more comparable with the Gustin chore coats....Um....I love their Telegraph suits - great cut, comfortable....yea. I think their shirts are still probably the most commonly backed item (and therefor the most commented on).
Thanks pal. Yeah the Rover jacket is dope. Appears most releases are pretty solid including the maritime releases. I really like the utility shirts too. Appears as many others have noted, their fits are spot on. Never have been totally content with the Gustin workshirt fit. TS button choices are really nice too. Will probably pick op those chore pants. Love the camel color. Will hold me over until I can muster the coin for IH 666Ds haha.

Last edited:

mikegnthensome

Reaction score
I bought a pair of the Slim Jeans from Yoshiwa Mills, in black.

http://www.taylorstitch.com/collections/denim/products/14-oz-yoshiwa-mills-selvage-denim-slim-fit

I am disappointed in my first purchase from Taylor Stitch for the following reasons;

Quality control - the store clerk said the white marks on the pants were just chalk marks, it was really white threads that were in the denim. Meaning, wherever these pants came from they were likely seconds, or were not checked for mistakes.

Fit - These pants claim to have a "longer crotch". Well, Im 5'10", and the crotch is so obnoxiously long that it makes walking at all, or climbing stairs, a totally uncomfortable experience. Obviously something I didnt pick up on in the dressing room at the SF store. I live in NYC and walk miles almost everyday, so this is not gonna work. My tailer also caught that the legs were significantly longer than most un-hemmed denim. Given the extremely longer crotch, and the longer than normal legs, I have to conclude that these pants are made for tall men. Overall the fit is extremely poor and I am sending them back.

I contacted their customer service and the process was confusing. People would respond to the email and offer to help, then disappear and never respond again. Their customer service is what I would call challenging at best.

I buy a lot from RRL and Self Edge and would consider myself a fairly savvy buyer, even though I rushed this buy as I was going to buy tacos in SF. I have also owned and run apparel start ups, so I am not into Yelp bashing. I think if they get some constructive feedback it will make this company better. I doubt I will make another purchase.
@VaughanNYC not stoked to see this post but I wanted to personally respond. I apologize for the delay as it's been a slightly crazy week (we overhauled our entire website which was a bit more than we realized what we were getting into) so again, apologizes I didn't write this sooner.

First- Fit: Quality control: We live and breathe it. I'm not sure which store clerk you're referring but the pants you received were definitely not seconds and if we had an oversight in quality control (we check em all by hand) then that's on us and of course you can initiate a return, no questions asked.

Second: Sizing I'm 5'10 and never had that issue in the crotch being too long. I'm also curious your tailor's perspective on the length of un-hemmed denim: The main point in un-hemming is, if you decide not to cuff, to tailor the pants to your perfect length. So the longer the leg is, the better because it allows the most flexibility in tailoring. To have a pair of un-hemmed jeans and not go with a very large inseam like 36 seems a bit counterintuitive. But hey, if the sizing didn't work, then we get it. Send em back and we'll get you your money.

Third: CS. We're an incredibly small team that handles a lot. I've not heard nor think our customer service consistently makes it hard on our customers to return, find the right size and I look over them to double check. But again, having said that, I'll check in first thing tomorrow morning, see what's going on and get this strengthened out.

And finally, constructive feedback is awesome. We do appreciate it and all the feedback we get helps us get better and understand where possible mistakes are happening. I appreciate the honest and I'll send you a DM tomorrow to let you know what's going on

**Edited to change some weird wording in one of my sentences

Last edited:

mikegnthensome

Reaction score
@cnew somehow we always seem to have a typo on those size guides :/

If it's easier, just drop me a line at [email protected] if you see something going on that seems weird or have a sizing question and I'll clear it up / push our other teams to fix the chart! Sorry about that.

drewcandraw

Reaction score
Thanks pal. Yeah the Rover jacket is dope. Appears most releases are pretty solid including the maritime releases. I really like the utility shirts too. Appears as many others have noted, their fits are spot on. Never have been totally content with the Gustin workshirt fit. TS button choices are really nice too. Will probably pick op those chore pants. Love the camel color. Will hold me over until I can muster the coin for IH 666Ds haha.
I got and have worn my chore pants prolly at least 10 times already. I like the fit on my build as well as the weight of the fabric for what I use it for. I'm 5'8" 190lbs stocky build and took a 34 in the chore pants, I have a little room in the waist (lost a couple of pounds since purchased) but that fine with me as I primarily use it when I ride a motorcycle and want the extra weight to provide warmth. I keep a pen always in the knee slot area and like the deep pockets to carry my knife, phone and flashlight. If your looking for something decently heavy in my thoughts then the chore pants will meet your expectations.

Medoc

Reaction score
I got and have worn my chore pants prolly at least 10 times already. I like the fit on my build as well as the weight of the fabric for what I use it for. I'm 5'8" 190lbs stocky build and took a 34 in the chore pants, I have a little room in the waist (lost a couple of pounds since purchased) but that fine with me as I primarily use it when I ride a motorcycle and want the extra weight to provide warmth. I keep a pen always in the knee slot area and like the deep pockets to carry my knife, phone and flashlight. If your looking for something decently heavy in my thoughts then the chore pants will meet your expectations.
When they release chore pants I’ve been tempted to back some of the colors (olive, ash, indigo, etc) but I always talk myself out of it. I can’t picture myself needing or using the pant. I don’t do a ton of yard work / chores and definitely don’t ride a motorcycle. What else can you really use them for? Still, they always look great online and the material seems top notch. Perhaps I’ll become more useful around the house and pick up a pair someday.

CanadaCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah the double knee takes them out of the running for office wear. Probably the reason I haven't funded them. And I realize they aren't meant to go to the office. The double knee moto denim on the other hand almost had me. Didn't back because I was un-decided on sizing.

drewcandraw

Reaction score
The chore pants to me if are for more hands of people working. Not necessarily yard work or the such, but is definitely not for some desk jockey unless it's casual Fridays.

I think anyone can wear it just like jeans but that's just me. If it's not your style or doesn't fit your wardrobe then stick with ya know with right.

OmniscientCause

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Just got my shipping confirmation for my Telegraph jacket & trousers!  I hope they arrive by Thursday for a vacation/trip that I could bring the jacket to.

its fairly probable, ive ordered things on thursday and gotten them saturday morning when I lived in Boston.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads