• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Taylor Stitch - Official Affiliate Thread

oboy_oboy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
"Taylor Stitch is launching CIVIC, a system of clothing for the urban commuter." Dope! Taylor Stitch style and design for active, athletic practical clothing. Oooh, olive Merino chinos... "...fitted through hip and thigh, slim, tapered leg." Sheeeeeeeeeeeit.
They look super slim.
What a spectacularly vague sizing guide! Thanks TS!
Agree, but I can already tell they are way to slim for me.
I'm pretty bummed they are only offering the chinos in the slim cut (guaranteed it's the same cut as their inline clim chino). I'm a 6'3" 180 lb long time cyclist and the slim chinos are way too tight in the thigh--and I don't even have crazy big thighs compared to many riding friends. Even the Democratic cut, which I do own and like, are pretty slim for a cut being offered in addition to a slim version. I think this is a huge miss. Leaving aside aesthetic preferences and trends, people who ride bikes a lot have muscular legs. Pants designed for riding should be able to accommodate this.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty bummed they are only offering the chinos in the slim cut (guaranteed it's the same cut as their inline clim chino). I'm a 6'3" 180 lb long time cyclist and the slim chinos are way too tight in the thigh--and I don't even have crazy big thighs compared to many riding friends. Even the Democratic cut, which I do own and like, are pretty slim for a cut being offered in addition to a slim version.

I think this is a huge miss. Leaving aside aesthetic preferences and trends, people who ride bikes a lot have muscular legs. Pants designed for riding should be able to accommodate this.

Exactly... I can barely wear the straight cuts from some manufacturers in "my size". I have the same problem with my shoulders with suits and sport coats. I've always had to size up one from my actual chest measurement.

Klemins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm pretty bummed they are only offering the chinos in the slim cut (guaranteed it's the same cut as their inline clim chino). I'm a 6'3" 180 lb long time cyclist and the slim chinos are way too tight in the thigh--and I don't even have crazy big thighs compared to many riding friends. Even the Democratic cut, which I do own and like, are pretty slim for a cut being offered in addition to a slim version.

I think this is a huge miss. Leaving aside aesthetic preferences and trends, people who ride bikes a lot have muscular legs. Pants designed for riding should be able to accommodate this.

It's a gimmick dude, just their chore pants aren't meant for real carpenters/construction folk...which is why these kinds of collections are sort of annoying, but people buy them so whatever.

NorthCoast

Reaction score
I'm looking forward to next month.

I have no idea what it will be yet, but hopefully not a gimmick.

oboy_oboy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It's a gimmick dude, just their chore pants aren't meant for real carpenters/construction folk...which is why these kinds of collections are sort of annoying, but people buy them so whatever.

Well, I'd say that's only 1/2 true. The market for clothing that's truly designed to work/fit/perform on-bike better than "average" items while still offering some aspect of style (subjective) is pretty small, and mostly higher-end in price point. So, with a little design work and decent material selection the offering can be plenty legit. And frankly shirting is the easy part. Pants are tricky, I get it. But Outlier, Rapha, S&S, etc are all offering stuff at 2x the price, so if TS can make something decent, people will by it. Hell, I'll buy it, just to try it out. I own plenty of Rapha and while it's spendy it lasts, and it works.

Mission Workshop does not **** around, and I fully expect the stuff the did as a collab was made to perform, and not make the MW guys look like ****. They had more to lose than TS had to gain, TBH. As for the chore stuff, I get it. But if you want reasonably tough items that aren't cut like trash bags, they are perfectly reasonable. I do believe they are trying to make **** for themselves and their friends, which I don't think of as a gimmick. I mean, they aren't trying to create anything super out there. It's pretty basic all around. You might disagree. That's cool.

summersteve

Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

I've just spent some time reading through your comments and I appreciated the thoughts.
CIVIC is exciting for us as it comes from a real place. I personally don't own a car and I ride to work everyday, the office is littered with bikes from my colleagues as well. I wrenched for a few years before joining Taylor Stitch and saw various commuter fashions come and go. I can assure you that these pieces are well thought out and the truly exciting part is the fabric itself.
If anyone has any questions or is on the fence about funding the collection feel free to email me directly at [email protected]

Americanaaa

Reaction score

Anyone have issues with the buttons on the camp pants snapping in half? It was only the second wear and it happened. Trying to decide if I can get it repaired locally or if TS will fix.

One came right off of mine after one wear.

Also a wax jacket that i got from them had some obvious mistakes while being sewn which were poorly corrected.

I don't plan to buy from them again.

Don L

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wearing the hell out of my lightweight Merino Henley's. Can't say enough good things about the material, cut and feel. If my size were still in stock I would double up.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Wearing the hell out of my lightweight Merino Henley's.  Can't say enough good things about the material, cut and feel.  If my size were still in stock I would double up.

What size? I don't like the fit of mine.

Don L

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What size? I don't like the fit of mine.
I went L which is True Size for me. On the heavier Charcoal one I went XL. I was, quite frankly, surprised how well the L fit.

summersteve

Reaction score
@Americanaaa I'm bummed to hear the news of your two garment's.
We're always happy to repair free of charge. Feel free to reach out to me directly at [email protected] if you'd like some help with those buttons or with a replacement jacket.

As you all know our products are handmade by people. Sometimes mistakes happen, but we've always owned up to our mistakes. No one should ever feel hesitant about reaching out with repair questions.

I'm glad the Henley is working out for you @Don L

Happy MLK day everyone!

oboy_oboy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hey Everyone,

I've just spent some time reading through your comments and I appreciated the thoughts.
CIVIC is exciting for us as it comes from a real place. I personally don't own a car and I ride to work everyday, the office is littered with bikes from my colleagues as well. I wrenched for a few years before joining Taylor Stitch and saw various commuter fashions come and go. I can assure you that these pieces are well thought out and the truly exciting part is the fabric itself.
If anyone has any questions or is on the fence about funding the collection feel free to email me directly at [email protected]

I totally get this and appreciate it.

My main complaint is that you guys made a really rad item I genuinely want (Civic trousers), then offered it a cut that's got a pretty limited fit range. Nothing to do about it now, I just wish it was different. I mentioned this when the survey about the collection came out, but it seems like by then the decision to only do slim fit was already made.

summersteve

Reaction score
@oboy_oboy I totally hear where you're coming from.
I can't speak to why the decision was made to only offer slim, but I will pass this along to our production team.

Hope everyone is having a nice week!

Bryanb55

Reaction score
Hi Steve,

I just emailed you about a broken snap on my beloved Indigo Glacier Shirt. I hope you can hook me up with a replacement - looks like my size is back in stock.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads