Tapering Jeans - am I mad ??

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Type 4, Jan 16, 2012.

1. Type 4

Type 4 New Member

I screwed up - spotted some jeans on ebay nice new wo tags raw denim NDG, bid and won. Description was accurate but not complete - they are 10 inch at the ankle - which was omitted from description - like most guys on here I wouldn't have gone for them if I knew that. They are 'no returns accepted'. They are brand new and clearly unworn.
    I have a pretty good woman for alterations - shes had a look and would taper on both sides - from just above the knee down. They also need to be taken up a full inch and a half - knew that when I bid. So What do you guys think
    1. Back up on ebay ( with proper description)
    2. Taper
    thanks.

2. Stillblade

Stillblade Senior member

If they're 10 at the ankle they're probably really wide in the thigh/knee.. not sure if it would look good.

3. ter1413

ter1413 Senior member

+1

4. iroh

iroh Senior member

if you take a power drill and drill out the side pocket rivet you can taper the jeans all the way up the leg and even reduce the circumference of the waistband if needed. just make sure you don't take in too much or else the back pockets will look relatively large compared to the rest of the bottom and you will have to reduce the size of the back pockets as well.

note the above mod is quite easy if you are taking in the jeans from the outseam and you have a overlock stitch machine. however you lose the selvedge edge, not a big deal to most i personally don't mind since i don't cuff my jeans.

5. Type 4

Type 4 New Member

ok - thanks - they are very wide in the knee and even in the thigh - i'm going to leave it. I reckon they'll not look right - one for the thrift/charity store. thanks again guys.