• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tanner Goods Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Always wanted to try one out, but for some reason never pulled the trigger.

Just want a nice 1.5'' one to go with jeans and chinos.

seraphn

Reaction score
Originally Posted by tomorrowstars
I thought the price had gone up, didn't realize it was by that much. I wonder how much of a profit per item they were making at the original price. I hate to judge, but it seems like a big jump without the product itself changing at all.

Yeah, it went up kind of gradually in $10 increments. I think it's still a reasonable price, but because it started out so low, it seems that much more expensive.

Originally Posted by madstaxbro
The straps are for holding cash right? Or are they belt clips.

For cash.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
I have a two year old brown belt, wearing it right now. Works well. Wouldn't pay the new cost when you can get MTM cheaper

irbe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have one of their belts, love it, but just a little too thick. Anybody know if their skinny belts are as thick as their standard belts??

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by irbe
I have one of their belts, love it, but just a little too thick. Anybody know if their skinny belts are as thick as their standard belts??

pretty sure yes ... the description shows majority of belts in 11oz vs their heavy weight in 13oz. the only diff with skinny is the width is less not the actual thickness

oboy_oboy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
**** the belts send me those ******* socks

Jet, socks are available at Woodlands Supply Co.: http://www.woodlandsshop.com/collections/mens

Originally Posted by tomorrowstars
I thought the price had gone up, didn't realize it was by that much. I wonder how much of a profit per item they were making at the original price. I hate to judge, but it seems like a big jump without the product itself changing at all.

Everything is made by hand, in their Portland workshop. Cost of goods, cost of labor, etc--all those things go up year over year. No one is getting rich of making belts and wallets. There are a number of high quality, made in the USA leather goods makers these days. I think Tanner is among the best for quality-to-price ration. I like Billykirk and Makr plenty, but have you looked at their prices?

Purchasing decisions are made on a lot of factors, and price is a big one, but if you want a cheap belt, of decent quality, there are plenty of places to get one. If you want to support a small brand who makes things by hand, there are also a number of choices, at different price points, but there is a cost level to this kind of product.

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by oboy_oboy
Everything is made by hand, in their Portland workshop. Cost of goods, cost of labor, etc--all those things go up year over year. No one is getting rich of making belts and wallets. There are a number of high quality, made in the USA leather goods makers these days. I think Tanner is among the best for quality-to-price ration. I like Billykirk and Makr plenty, but have you looked at their prices?

agreed i have 2 billykirk accessories. everyones prices are high ... but they are pretty much around the same ballpark. if you dont like tanners buckles then go to makr or billykirk. but as for price, no need to single tanner out since EVERYONES prices are rising

^^ i sized TTS. I am a true size 29. I had a 28 before and if fit in the middle whole but only if i kept my jeans high up at my true waist. I tend to wear my jawns slightly lower and not sag them but not at my true waist. so i sold that and went to a 30.

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any sites that carry Tanner Good belts in a good variety? I know I can go through Tanner themselves, but it would take weeks since they would make each piece upon receiving the order.

I think I'm just going to start with a natural one with brass buckle.

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
13oz belt + 13oz collar for the pup ... with initial layer of obenaufs to condition/darken
5398150294_0b3b4f102d_z.jpg
5397550103_97a15423dc_z.jpg

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Why on earth would they discontinue the cypress socks???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads