• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
SKT seems pretty darn cheap here. Pays a reasonable dividend and possible 20-30% upside from where it's been a few times before so I'm adding into my holding of this one.

LULU had a little run up there on a buyout rumor but now it's back down to under $50. I'm holding a decent amount of this now and hoping it'll get back to that $60-70 range.

GILD, wow, can't believe how low this one's gone and for how long... what is it now, under $65? crazy. I think i started buying this in the mid 70's or high 70's. Even the little dividend isn't going to keep me warm at night. I keep hearing people talk about a buyout of INCY or BMY but seems management is waiting for the right time or target before moving and the market has gotten pretty restless about it.

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
Lame attempts by finance/news sites to show they are on top of breaking news by rotating through randomly grabbed headlines consistently yield amusing edina moments. This was just the top headline on the Google Finance page (right next to a chart showing the Dow up 160 points or so):

Wall Street is under pressure for the second straight session on Trump concerns
CNBC - May 18, 2017
Global stock markets were lower this morning after the next turn in the chaos facing President Donald Trump's White House. Former FBI Director Bob Mueller was appointed late Wednesday as special counsel to oversee the agency's Russian investigation ...
Rosenstein says he knew Trump was going to fire Comey as he prepared memo The Fiscal Times
Why The Special Counsel to Investigate Trump is a Mistake Nasdaq
The Advocate KITV Honolulu

upload_2017-5-19_10-9-33.gif

Dow Jones
20,820.68 +157.66 (0.76%)

S&P 500
2,385.55 +19.83 (0.84%)

Nasdaq
6,102.09 +46.96 (0.78%)

brokencycle

Reaction score
Lame attempts by finance/news sites to show they are on top of breaking news by rotating through randomly grabbed headlines consistently yield amusing edina moments. This was just the top headline on the Google Finance page (right next to a chart showing the Dow up 160 points or so):

Wall Street is under pressure for the second straight session on Trump concerns
CNBC - May 18, 2017
Global stock markets were lower this morning after the next turn in the chaos facing President Donald Trump's White House. Former FBI Director Bob Mueller was appointed late Wednesday as special counsel to oversee the agency's Russian investigation ...
Rosenstein says he knew Trump was going to fire Comey as he prepared memo The Fiscal Times
Why The Special Counsel to Investigate Trump is a Mistake Nasdaq
The Advocate KITV Honolulu

View attachment 784357
Dow Jones
20,820.68 +157.66 (0.76%)
View attachment 784358
S&P 500
2,385.55 +19.83 (0.84%)
View attachment 784356
Nasdaq
6,102.09 +46.96 (0.78%)

Top 5 things affecting the market today... you'll never guess #4!

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Wow, I have tripled up between my bitcoin and etherum coins. Bitcoin is almost at 2300.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics