• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Epaulet x Styleforum Alpine Loden Collection

Loden wool, woven in Tirol for centuries, is known for its resistance to cold and wetness. Our project in collaboration with Epaulet introduces Alpine Loden, a modern 18oz fabric blend of 75% merino wool and 25% nylon, woven in Italy. It's lighter, more durable, wind-resistant, and more comfortable than traditional Loden fabric. Partnering with Rochester Tailored Clothing, we offer custom garments like sportcoats, suits, and overcoats, made to your specifications. Learn more about the Loden collection here.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sydney or Melbourne bespoke suit

laphroaig

Reaction score
I think it's a really nice suit, even in the weird poses you posted. I think the jacket length is good, but if you are after a slimmer, or more youthful look you might want to get the trousers with a slightly lower rise and narrower legs. +1 Shortening the trousers a little to clean up the bottom of the leg will also help.

Reckoner

Reaction score
Originally Posted by laphroaig
I think it's a really nice suit, even in the weird poses you posted. I think the jacket length is good, but if you are after a slimmer, or more youthful look you might want to get the trousers with a slightly lower rise and narrower legs. +1 Shortening the trousers a little to clean up the bottom of the leg will also help.

I'm thinking about going to a local alterations shop that I usually go to for my jeans and other pants ... do you think this is advisable to get it shorter and have less leg break?

or do you think that i should go to the original tailor (adamo)? he's quite a bit of a drive ... so i don't want to waste more time and fuel...

giveittome

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Reckoner
I'm thinking about going to a local alterations shop that I usually go to for my jeans and other pants ... do you think this is advisable to get it shorter and have less leg break?

or do you think that i should go to the original tailor (adamo)? he's quite a bit of a drive ... so i don't want to waste more time and fuel...

Adamo might not charge you for the further alteration seeing that is only minor. Plus you can have another look at his books for your next order. I myself ordered a suit from him 3 weeks ago (H Lesser 120s, blue POW) - waiting for my first fitting.

TheWraith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by giveittome
Adamo might not charge you for the further alteration seeing that is only minor. Plus you can have another look at his books for your next order. I myself ordered a suit from him 3 weeks ago (H Lesser 120s, blue POW) - waiting for my first fitting.

Sounds good. How much did that set you back, giveittome, may I ask? I'm thinking of heading to Adamo later this year for my first bespoke suit from him.

giveittome

Reaction score
Originally Posted by TheWraith
Sounds good. How much did that set you back, giveittome, may I ask? I'm thinking of heading to Adamo later this year for my first bespoke suit from him.
$3095 single breasted 2 piece 2 button.

Hand cut working button holes are extra (machine cut working button holes are included in the price). When I asked him how much hand cut would be, he was a little cagey and kept going on about how much effort it is and how long it would take to do etc etc. Finally he said, "they are for fanatics. You can let me know you want it at your second fitting."

AndrewRogers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
$3095 single breasted 2 piece 2 button.

Hand cut working button holes are extra (machine cut working button holes are included in the price). When I asked him how much hand cut would be, he was a little cagey and kept going on about how much effort it is and how long it would take to do etc etc. Finally he said, "they are for fanatics. You can let me know you want it at your second fitting."

This is a reluctance common amongst many small operations nowadays. I think it's sad that a tailor just doesn't want to do them, but I suppose he must be under quite considerable pressure and when a machine can do the job so simply and quickly (albeit with a different look), he does not want to bother unless the customer really, really, really wants them.

madaboutshirt

Reaction score
Nice fit and it helps you got the body for it, I'm thinking of going to Adamo for my first bespoke suit as well.

For bespoke shirts/shirt's advice, you might want to ring up Charles. From what Charles tells me, shirts and suits are completely different beasts.

If you think all black shoes are the same, get a couple of brown/suede ones. IMO, your shoes are too squarish at the front and, as others have already mentioned, do not go well with your suit. If you have money to blow, why not spend another $1000 on a couple of pairs of good quality shoes?

tchoy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Great choice on the fabric. I was there two days ago for a fitting and saw the fabric on the workbench. I actually commented to Adamo how nice the fabric look.

Wrigglez

Reaction score
gah! i keep comming back to this thread, the suit really does look good.
i think a three button is on the cards for me soon.

calling sator: what instructions should i give my tailor to have my suit cut that way?
i.e more fitted than usual, arm hole cuts ect.

regards,

Featured Sponsor

Invisible Socks: Convenience or Curse?

• Convenience

• Curse

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MokshVanity