• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sunglasses MEGATHREAD - all sunglass questions here please

henrikc

Reaction score
I'm getting some new sunglasses, and found a pair from Carrera that I liked.
I was told I could get around 20% off the MSRP since we're such good customers, and I'm just wondering if they're worth it quality wise.

It's basically the Carreras or perhaps some Ray-Bans that I liked, they did have som Gucci, Dior et al, but they didn't fit at all. Not a big store, and I could use some new sunglasses now. So, are Carrera at 20% off worth it or not?

PhamBam

Reaction score
Did anyone catch the frames TO was wearing last night during his first press interview in cincy? Sorry can't find the pic

Vaitek

Reaction score
Crosspost from the "Should I buy" thread. Was hoping for some feedback on these sunglasses as I have a a few days still to exchange.
Originally Posted by Vaitek
I picked these up, but have a week to exchange them. Thoughts on the fit for my large noggin?
laugh.gif
dd871d0f.jpg
These are the Maui Jim, Kepena model.

Stylin-1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Stylin-1
****, I need these Bartons. Where to kop?

NM, found them at sunglass city for 430. The java/sequoia is my favorite.
barton-perreira-swindler.jpg

These arrived yesterday and after a six month search for new shades, let's just say it was well worth the wait.

PaulYAY

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ post a fit pic

unjung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What's the current recommended source for Persols? Otticanet.com is cheap but gets a lot of terrible reviews. Sounds shady.

PaulYAY

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm a fan of the Han Timeless. If anyone sees the blue, white, yellow, or green frame in this model available somewhere, please pm me!

SocietyRed

Reaction score
Anybody know where to check out the new Randolph p3 in New York? Since Iceberg took off I haven't seen Randolph around the city.

PaulYAY

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^It's a good fit for you. My next pair is going to be a similar shape.

Anyone knows of an L.G.R. retailer without an online presence? The only online store that still has the model I want is charging $100 more than what the US retailers sold them for.

edit: I found the list of stores on their website. duh!

Potatowned

Reaction score
Originally Posted by henrikc
I'm getting some new sunglasses, and found a pair from Carrera that I liked.
I was told I could get around 20% off the MSRP since we're such good customers, and I'm just wondering if they're worth it quality wise.

It's basically the Carreras or perhaps some Ray-Bans that I liked, they did have som Gucci, Dior et al, but they didn't fit at all. Not a big store, and I could use some new sunglasses now. So, are Carrera at 20% off worth it or not?

where are you getting carrera's 20% off? carrera has been around a long time and they are already reasonably affordable, so at 20% off, i think its a great deal. i'm looking to pick up a pair of safari's myself.

alamode

Reaction score
Originally Posted by unjung
What's the current recommended source for Persols? Otticanet.com is cheap but gets a lot of terrible reviews. Sounds shady.

ottica is legit.

Purchased there a whole ton of times. It's so cheap that if I don't like it, I have no troubles selling them off for what I paid.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads