Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Sunglasses MEGATHREAD - all sunglass questions here please

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by josepidal, Apr 14, 2006.

1. daruma

daruma Senior member

does tortoise go well on all skin colors? i'm brown (mexican) and im thinking of ordering a brown wayfarer (i got black)

2. CityConnection

CityConnection Senior member

I'm not denying that quality has dropped on some of the Luxxotica produced models, because it very clearly has. But to generalize and say that all Luxxotica is crap, or that all Luxxotica is the same is simply wrong. It's like saying all things that are "Made in Italy" are of good quality, when in actuality it varies.
    I never said their quality was crap. I just said that Carrera was not what it used to be. Carrera's used to be very good quality with interchangeable parts and so on. The new ones are built inferior to that but carry the same styling. Also, "made in Italy" isnt even Made in Italy as we understand it. A big wig in Italy get paid $1M and 100 factory workers get paid a combination of $0.5M. Because the most of their resources ($) were in Italy they can stamp it like that and to get around it again they will assemble it in Italy. Don't misunderstand I have a fair bit of experience with LUX/SAF products over many years. I have seen their quality go up and down and I deal with their products everyday. I'm not trying to brag, I am just trying to demonstrate that I have experience with the products. I don't think I have ever bashed a product/company but I will give the facts straight, imo. ANYWAYS....Back to Sunglasses!!! [​IMG]

3. CityConnection

CityConnection Senior member

does tortoise go well on all skin colors? i'm brown (mexican) and im thinking of ordering a brown wayfarer (i got black)

Personally, I find tortoise to be a universal color. It is not as bold as black but still gives it a dark color. The spots of light and dark brown make it easy to compliment different color complexions. I think it will suit your skin tone if that is what you are worried about...

4. ERICESCOBAR

ERICESCOBAR Member

QUESTION-Super Sunglasses. I am debating between the Super version and the Classic version, but I can't see the discrepancy in size by just looking at pictures. Any of you guys know how each fits? I might still go with the People, but I don't want them to look awkward on me, seeing as they are a little too formal looking when they should be fun looking. I don't know.

5. roguetheory

roguetheory Senior member

I just bought a pair of these Tom Ford 007's on-line for my dad. I'm thinking of pulling the trigger on another pair for myself. Anybody own a pair? Worth the money or over priced? [​IMG]

6. hobscrk777

hobscrk777 Senior member

Is there a good way to tell whether a pair of Ray Ban's on eBay is fake? My intuition tells me that all the ones made in Asia advertised as BNWT are fake. Likewise, I get the feeling that a listing by a seller in Ohio (just as an example) with a dozen or so total items ever sold on eBay and a few pictures showing the glasses on their kitchen table are authentic. Can anyone offer their insight?

7. erpachu

erpachu New Member

What is name of the sunglasses? [​IMG] Awesome sunglasses [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Thanks in advance

8. sebastianm

sebastianm Well-Known Member

9. erpachu

erpachu New Member

he is tom ford jeje, but the name of the sunglasses?

what model?

10. roguetheory

he is tom ford jeje, but the name of the sunglasses?

what model?

They look like the Rodrigo model, except with different arms.

11. Stylin-1

Stylin-1 Senior member

What is name of the sunglasses? [​IMG]

Awesome sunglasses

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks in advance

Guy looks like a total tool and the glasses are too narrow on him.

12. ddragovi

ddragovi Senior member

I have a pair of DITA midnight special sunglasses in the B&S: other page.

accepting offers

13. roguetheory

Pulling the trigger tonight on some shades. Still undecided though, since I can only afford 2 pairs and there are 4 in the running! Basically I want 1 pair of chrome and 1 brown/gold pair. Now this is where the problem comes in, I was originally going to buy the Rhodium Tom Fords and the Gold Corsairs (since I can get a great deal on a pair), but they're so similar I don't know if I can justify buying both. That's why I'm thinking of going for the Persol Steve McQueens and the Tom Fords in Rhodium. On the other hand the Oliver Peoples are cheaper than the Persol and have a Titanium frame, as well as being polarized. Tom Ford 007 Rhodium [​IMG] Tom Ford 007 Rose Gold [​IMG] Persol 649 "Steve McQueen Model" [​IMG] Oliver Peoples Corsair [​IMG]

14. ArliHawk`

ArliHawk` Senior member

Having tried on both the Oliver Peoples and the Tom Ford, the optics and build quality on the Oliver Peoples is superior if that makes any difference.

15. roguetheory

Having tried on both the Oliver Peoples and the Tom Ford, the optics and build quality on the Oliver Peoples is superior if that makes any difference.

I can imagine, since they're polarized with a titanium frame. The Tom Ford model is basic steel if I'm not mistaken.