• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Summer unlined loafers

brax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pretty sure that the Alden loafers are lined in leather. But the ones they make (made?) for BB were unlined. It’s a great summer option.

Spaghettimatt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pretty sure that the Alden loafers are lined in leather. But the ones they make (made?) for BB were unlined. It’s a great summer option.

I think BB had the unlined shell ones exclusively but anyone can buy the unlined suede loafers.

But I it is only a matter of time before Alden releases the unlined shell on it’s own or grants exclusive rights to another retailer.

aristoi bcn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Crockett&Jones Cadogan Tobacco suede.

IMG-20200522-WA0005.jpeg

Inigoluis

Reaction score
I have the Ventnor in mushroom suede (one in mocha suede is on the way as well) and like it a lot. Extremely comfortable. I don't own the Duke but have tried it on. The shape is very nice and I was actually surprised that it's more sleek in person than you would think from the pictures online. If everything was equal I would choose the Duke over the Ventnor. However, I found the Ventnors for 40% less than the price of the Duke and was swayed. But am still very happy.
How was the sizing for the Ventnor? I have the Piccadilly (mink suede) and Belgravia (doak) and I know they’re all in the same last but since the Ventnor is unlined, do you need to size down?

gbandi

Reaction score
You can’t compare Meermin to the other two brands in terms of material and build quality? If you could they’d be out of business years ago!
I have had up and down experiences with Meermin (over 10 pairs at various points), but their unlined loafers are the single best purchase I have made from them and I have a number of them. Pre-covid, probably spent around 90% of my workdays in those.
I have the Meermin unlined Suede Penny Loafer. Very nice. If you’re gonna go sockless, they’ll hold up longer if you rotate them, so they have time to dry out.

Phillip

wondering how the sizing worked on Meermin unlined. I wear TTs (snug) on Ron, Hiro and Elton. Heard the unlined loafers run large

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was underwhelmed with my Meermin unlined loafers.
They look nice, fit is fine, but they had some blems and aren't super comfortable.

Dr JB

Reaction score
This is probably a stupid question but are all Belgian loafers unlined? They seem ver flimsy compared to your average loafer

emptym

Reaction score
For all those who doubt the sveltness of the LHS, I took a pic of them next to EG Piccadillys, C&J Bostons, and AE Patriots (LtR):
IMG_8502.jpeg

The one possible cheat is that the Aldens are 10C while the CJ (for BB) and AEs are 10D. EGs are 9/9.5E. But it's only half a cheat, if at all, since the fit of all four is about the same. If anything, the Aldens are a bit loose, probably because they're unlined. Actually, their being unlined may be another, real cheat. I don't have any lined Alden LHSs to compare though. Imo, the Aldens are perfect. The EGs have a slightly narrower toe and a much narrower lake and thus look the sleekest, but that's not really my style. The C&Js are my least favorite because of the tall penny strap, and the wide tongue on top of that. They're my brother's though, so I'm not complaining.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 102 36.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads