• We would like to welcome Exquisite Trimmings as an official Affiliate Vendor. Exquisite Trimmings is a UK based purveyor of the very best in clothing and accessories, from gloves by Thomas Reimer to leather portfolios from Il Micio, to watch rolls by Rapport London. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Summer unlined loafers

notdos

Reaction score
I have the Meermin unlined Suede Penny Loafer. Very nice. If you’re gonna go sockless, they’ll hold up longer if you rotate them, so they have time to dry out.

Phillip

brax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pretty sure that the Alden loafers are lined in leather. But the ones they make (made?) for BB were unlined. It’s a great summer option.

Spaghettimatt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pretty sure that the Alden loafers are lined in leather. But the ones they make (made?) for BB were unlined. It’s a great summer option.
I think BB had the unlined shell ones exclusively but anyone can buy the unlined suede loafers.

But I it is only a matter of time before Alden releases the unlined shell on it’s own or grants exclusive rights to another retailer.

Guccinski L.V.

Reaction score
Please guys don't go sock-less, it is gross. There are cotton no-show socks that would stay on your heels (silicon pads) and made by Falke. Get them for the summer you'd do your shoes & feet a favor.

Reactions: MaE

GrahamM

Reaction score
OP here....didn't really mean truly "sock-less".....for sure I would be wearing no-show socks and hope others do too!

Inigoluis

Reaction score
I have the Ventnor in mushroom suede (one in mocha suede is on the way as well) and like it a lot. Extremely comfortable. I don't own the Duke but have tried it on. The shape is very nice and I was actually surprised that it's more sleek in person than you would think from the pictures online. If everything was equal I would choose the Duke over the Ventnor. However, I found the Ventnors for 40% less than the price of the Duke and was swayed. But am still very happy.
How was the sizing for the Ventnor? I have the Piccadilly (mink suede) and Belgravia (doak) and I know they’re all in the same last but since the Ventnor is unlined, do you need to size down?

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

• I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

• I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

• I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

• Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.

Results are only viewable after voting.