• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Suitsupply - Official Affiliate Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quesjac

Reaction score
Boggi look slimmer than SuSu?
No, the opposite -- many of the susu trousers I have seen are far too tight for my taste (and build), and if that is changing then it's good news for me.

(I don't know if you wanted my opinion but I would size up from most of those suits you posted if it were me.)

monkii

Reaction score
No, the opposite -- many of the susu trousers I have seen are far too tight for my taste (and build), and if that is changing then it's good news for me.

(I don't know if you wanted my opinion but I would size up from most of those suits you posted if it were me.)

I'll gladly get your opinion! And I do agree with you, at least when it comes to the jackets. After looking at Suitsupply suits (and trying one on), I have a real hard time looking at shorter jackets. Still like my pants slimmer than the next guy though, but who knows, might come around on that one too ;)

Thank you

N-tc

Reaction score
Hi Scott,
Do you have any idea when will the Spring/Summer collection - more specifically the Jort collection- be avain Europe? Also, would SS still use the same -slightly awkward- nomenclature for their Spring/summer suit collection ?
Thank You

coolarrow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'll gladly get your opinion! And I do agree with you, at least when it comes to the jackets. After looking at Suitsupply suits (and trying one on), I have a real hard time looking at shorter jackets. Still like my pants slimmer than the next guy though, but who knows, might come around on that one too ;)

Thank you
First time I got sized at a SuSu store, the rep recommended a Short jacket. I'm average height and overruled him and went with a regular. The short fit fine everywhere, but I felt my hands were dangling below the end of the jacket. I guess that's fine for a young guy in his 20s and 30s, but I'm in my 40s and that was just not the kind of look I want to present.

Suitsupply

Reaction score
Hi Scott,
Do you have any idea when will the Spring/Summer collection - more specifically the Jort collection- be avain Europe? Also, would SS still use the same -slightly awkward- nomenclature for their Spring/summer suit collection ?
Thank You
Pre-orders for Spring/Summer '18 should be live around mid/late January. The Jort collections normally drop about mid-season, so I would estimate around March/April. The new naming system will remain.

The Dirk

Reaction score
Pre-orders for Spring/Summer '18 should be live around mid/late January. The Jort collections normally drop about mid-season, so I would estimate around March/April. The new naming system will remain.
Would you be able tort us know if there will be any new Havana wide lapel suits dropping? It would be pretty cool to see an a few more all season weights and possibly one or two without a waistcoat.

Suitsupply

Reaction score
Would you be able tort us know if there will be any new Havana wide lapel suits dropping? It would be pretty cool to see an a few more all season weights and possibly one or two without a waistcoat.
I don't have details on specific products for the collection, but I will be sure to share when I do!

Mike Ballard

Reaction score
Just had a question regarding everyone's opinion of SS's in house tailors. From my experience here in NY, they all seem to be highly inadequate, with simple alteration jobs never done properly, and always needing to be redone various times. I've even had certain items permanently ruined. This has happened with every single item I have brought in to be tailored at various NY stores. Just wanted to get others' opinion on the matter and see if I am the only unfortunate one when it comes to these things. Thanks

Suiting_Up

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I had a question about the 3-piece brown check jort and wanted some educated advice.

Would this color and pattern be appropriate for an evening cocktail event, or what social events would it lend itself best to?

Thanks for the input.

View attachment 885791

I ended up exchanging for the more conservative 3-piece navy jort suit.
Hey everyone,

I had a question about the 3-piece brown check jort and wanted some educated advice.

Would this color and pattern be appropriate for an evening cocktail event, or what social events would it lend itself best to?

Thanks for the input.

View attachment 885791

I ended up returning the beautiful brown check Jort for the more conservative 3-piece navy Jort. I just don't have enough swag to pull of that bold a pattern!

Anyways, I have to say I was blown away with both suits in terms of fabric and construction (please see below). Compared to the two other suits I have from Suitsupply (both Sienna's) and other suits I've owned, this is easily hands down a significant step up.

I just took the navy Jort in to my tailor, and he couldn't stop gushing about the quality and drape of the fabric. He asked me if the suit cost 2,500-3,500 dollars, and when I told him it was just 1,000 (technically 1,099), he couldn't believe that someone could offer a suit with this level of construction for a grand. Even more, when he got to the pants, he was impressed with the button cuff, inner details, and the overall construction of the pants themselves, in fact he compared the style of workmanship to Oxxford (I don't have anything by them, so I can't speak to the accuracy of that statement). The only downside is that the suit itself requires quite a few alterations to fit my lean frame (5'9", 120 lbs), but this tailor has always done an outstanding job on extensive alteration jobs, in fact he is the tailor of choice for all the state beauty pageant winners in my state... now if he could just get me a date with one!

Vinsep

Reaction score
I ended up exchanging for the more conservative 3-piece navy jort suit.

I ended up returning the beautiful brown check Jort for the more conservative 3-piece navy Jort. I just don't have enough swag to pull of that bold a pattern!

Anyways, I have to say I was blown away with both suits in terms of fabric and construction (please see below). Compared to the two other suits I have from Suitsupply (both Sienna's) and other suits I've owned, this is easily hands down a significant step up.

I just took the navy Jort in to my tailor, and he couldn't stop gushing about the quality and drape of the fabric. He asked me if the suit cost 2,500-3,500 dollars, and when I told him it was just 1,000 (technically 1,099), he couldn't believe that someone could offer a suit with this level of construction for a grand. Even more, when he got to the pants, he was impressed with the button cuff, inner details, and the overall construction of the pants themselves, in fact he compared the style of workmanship to Oxxford (I don't have anything by them, so I can't speak to the accuracy of that statement). The only downside is that the suit itself requires quite a few alterations to fit my lean frame (5'9", 120 lbs), but this tailor has always done an outstanding job on extensive alteration jobs, in fact he is the tailor of choice for all the state beauty pageant winners in my state... now if he could just get me a date with one!

Hmmm, you just made me want to try their Jort line now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads