Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Suggestions for low profile shoes?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by hamish5178, Jan 7, 2009.

1. hamish5178

hamish5178 Senior member

I've got around $130 to spend for hopefully two pairs, or maybe just one. Must be simple and low profile (as in flat and not chunky, even my sambas are too chunky for me now). Any suggestions? So far I've been looking at: Vans Authentic [​IMG] Jack Purcells (I have a pair of white ones that are dying) [​IMG]

2. Timbaland

Timbaland Senior member

I like the Jack Purcell's and the simple Converse shoes. You can also check out the onitsuka tiger.

3. why

why Senior member

You mean low uppers? Those shoes you posted have some of the highest, clunkiest profiles out there. They look like a brick with canvas attached.

Bikkembergs has some of the lowest profile out there (and it's really his best asset) if you can deal with the logo. At least the logo blends in when it's worth with other athletic gear. Most other Italian brands (Paciotti, Costume National, etc.) have the same aesthetic. There's some nice Dior and Jil ones too.

CPs are good because of the construction and profile too, but some models are better for this than others. They're Italian but the feel is more cosmopolitan than Neapolitan.

I think Y-3 had some lower profiles on the sprinter shoes, but if you can't sprint don't wear them.

4. constantine.

constantine. Senior member

PF Flyer Number 5 yo.

5. rbny

rbny Senior member

Sambas are just as low profile as your other choices. But ok, based on your pics, I would choose the Jack Purcells and they can be found in different kinds of colors/fabrics, as well as prices. I saw black John Varvatos Purcells a while back that I regretted not getting and cost a little over $130.

6. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

7. WoodyStylee

WoodyStylee Senior member

8. hamish5178

hamish5178 Senior member

You mean low uppers? Those shoes you posted have some of the highest, clunkiest profiles out there. They look like a brick with canvas attached.

Bikkembergs has some of the lowest profile out there (and it's really his best asset) if you can deal with the logo. At least the logo blends in when it's worth with other athletic gear. Most other Italian brands (Paciotti, Costume National, etc.) have the same aesthetic. There's some nice Dior and Jil ones too.

CPs are good because of the construction and profile too, but some models are better for this than others. They're Italian but the feel is more cosmopolitan than Neapolitan.

I think Y-3 had some lower profiles on the sprinter shoes, but if you can't sprint don't wear them.

I don't think we're meaning the same thing by low-profile. I just mean that I like flat, low shoes. Sambas, reeboks, NBs especially, all look and feel very tubular to me.

And all those shoes are well over $130. . .

9. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

trying to work some Gap discount magic so i get get 50% off the jack chucks'

10. captainmo

captainmo Senior member

+1 for onitsuka tigers. Very low profile. Most of the ones I've seen are pretty crazy color schemes, but they have some plainer ones too.

11. rapdancin

rapdancin Senior member

tai chi tigers are nice, simple white/black color scheme

the bottom only last about 9-10 months tho

12. jet

jet Persian Bro

shoes on right

[​IMG]

13. travo

travo Member

Related to this subject... does anyone have a pic of someone wearing the Vans Old Skools? I'm in a similar situation as the OP, I'm looking for a pair of low cut casual shoes and I'm leaning toward the Old Skools but would like to see how jeans fall on them.

14. Curious_George

Curious_George Senior member

These two come to mind, Tretorn t-56 low [​IMG] and Keds Champion [​IMG]