• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Suggestions for a hair syle (pics included)

TheDude

Reaction score
Hi all.

I've never really known what to do with my hair and I've sorta always let it grow out, and then I'd just cut it when I thought it was obnoxiously long.

I really want to start developing a distinctive hair style though.

One thing to keep in mind. I like facial hair. I plan on growing either a goatee, van dyck, or a full beard (trimmed of course). So what ever hairstyle I end up going with, I'd like to be able to sport some facial hair on a moment's notice.

here are some pics:

Note: I always part my hair a bit in the morning, but throughout the day it inevitably falls straight down.

If you need any other shots, let me know.

Also, when I go to the salon I think it would be most advantageous for me to actually have a picture of what I want done, so if you make a recommendation try to have a picture.

Thanks!!

Threadcount

Reaction score
Originally Posted by TheDude
Hi all.

I've never really known what to do with my hair and I've sorta always let it grow out, and then I'd just cut it when I thought it was obnoxiously long.

One thing to keep in mind. I like facial hair. I plan on growing either a goatee, van dyck, or a full beard (trimmed of course). So what ever hairstyle I end up going with, I'd like to be able to sport some facial hair on a moment's notice.

here are some pics:

Note: I always part my hair a bit in the morning, but throughout the day it inevitably falls straight down.

Also, when I go to the salon I think it would be most advantageous for me to actually have a picture of what I want done, so if you make a recommendation try to have a picture.

Thanks!!

I hate to use celebrities as examples but Wilmer Valderrama has similar color and his hair is much like yours. Here is his modern hair style and facial hair. I might get flamed by the traditionalists but hey, too each his own.

You might also think about having your eyebrows thinned out. Don't let anyone make them look like a womans, but find someone who works with men's faces and can trim and thin them down without making you look weird. I had mine done today. Think of it like trimming and grooming a mustache.

Threadcount

Reaction score
Originally Posted by TheDude
Hi all.

here are some pics:

Thanks!!

Here is a more classical style

http://www.your-hairstyle.com/pratiq...pe%20homme.jpg

TheDude

Reaction score
Threadcount, I was actually thinking about having my eyebrows thinned out already so thanks for the affirmation.

I like that wilmer hair style, I'll consider it.

Anyone have any other suggestions?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads