• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Styleforummarket - Viberg x Styleforum MTO orders - the inaugural edition

Which of these boots would you be interested in purchasing in Styleforummarket's Viberg MTO program

• A) Standard Issue Black leather Service Boot

Votes: 22 28.2%
  • B) Iced Mocha CXL Service boot[

Votes: 28 35.9%
  • C) Black Calf "Excavated" Service Boot

Votes: 20 25.6%
  • D) Tan Roughout Service Boot

Votes: 19 24.4%
  • E) Two toned Whiskey Scotch Grain and Brown CXL Service boot

Votes: 12 15.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, just so there are no misconceptions. I polled the people who ordered the cinnamon boot, and since there was not unanimous agreement on a change from the originally proposed tongue, there will be no change, The togue will be the smooth cinnamon.

Cheers,

Fok.

rex555

Reaction score
Ok I can live with cinnamon tongue. I think cinnamon tongue is waaay better than tan

Last edited:

SLAB

Reaction score

This. And we are literally one black boot away from me posting the skill testing question. But remember, for this to happen, you have to get at me within the next 5 hours or so.

that's kind of short notice considering people from the other side of the pond might be well asleep, wake up to see they lost the chance to react?

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score

that's kind of short notice considering people from the other side of the pond might be well asleep, wake up to see they lost the chance to react?

They've known since Monday, if they read this thread.

That said, I'll make you guys a deal. If I wake up on Sunday morning, and the orders are in, I'll make that draw.

Cheers,

Fok.

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Have you been able to get your order through? It's really hard for me to put a real name to a screenname sometimes. If you have not, just PM me, and I'll get it figured out.

Password reset successful and Cinnamon boot order in. Looking forward to it, thanks for the hard work, Fok. Cinnamon tongue sounds nice. Any pics?

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Password reset successful and Cinnamon boot order in. Looking forward to it, thanks for the hard work, Fok. Cinnamon tongue sounds nice. Any pics?

Nice. I don't have any pictures of a cinnamon tongue, but you can get "some" idea by looking up the Cinnamon boots that were done by the guys at Ironheart. They have some okay looking swatch pictures, but again, color is tough to capture accurately.

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I keep flip flopping about hopping on the cinnamon or maybe Haven's boots - more about the sole option than the color. It's coming down to the wire...

rex555

Reaction score
I had same the same dilemma but ultimately went with the cinnamon boot. I actually had the opportunity to try the Haven boots as well. As nice as the copper Haven boots are, I'm hoping the cinnamon last will just give more of that special wow factor. Maybe I'm just talking out of ******. Either way both boots are really nice.

As a side note on sizing, I found the tts has a little more wiggle room than 1/2 size down. 1/2 down is snug but may stretch out to fit like a glove. I guess which ever way people prefer to wear their boots will ultimately decide which size to get.

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I went ahead and put in an order last night.

Arizor

Reaction score
Hey Fok, did you happen to hear anything back in terms of ordering different sizes per boot? If possible I'd love to be able to get my black service boot in 10.5 for my left and 10 for my right!

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Hey Fok, did you happen to hear anything back in terms of ordering different sizes per boot? If possible I'd love to be able to get my black service boot in 10.5 for my left and 10 for my right!

I didn't, but I will ask when I put through the order tomorrow. Please put a message on your order through the commerce site so that I have it all consolidated and don't forget, or, worse, do this to someone else, who would appreciate it less, I think,

Cheers,

Fok.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And now, for something awesome and completely different - although we never did make up the minimum for the black boots, we are going to get all three makeups made... and... since we did hit 16+ total orders,.

So... we are going to give someone a pair of boots for just their deposit + shipping. That means that one lucky guy, your boots are nearly entirely paid for! To be eligible for this, please propose a make up for upcoming Viberg x Styleforum, in this form:

Style: (Service Boot, chukka, Scout boot, oxford, engineer boot, etc...)
Leather:
Last: (110, 2030, 2040, 2045 and 310 are the most common)
Toe cap: (none, straight, or brogued)
Sole:
Hardware: (number and type of eyelets)
Tongue:
Stitching:
Additional details:

Please post this here AND in a message that you can get through through your www.styleforummarket.com account, so that I know who is eligible, and who is not. You have 24 hours. These will be good starting points for ensuing rounds of orders. The winner (username only) will be announced tomorrow morning, right before I send in the orders.

Cheers,

Fok.

Last edited:

CHRK33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So my proposed makeup for the next round and for the raffle purposes is as follows:

Style: Service Boot
Leather: Burgundy French calf
Last: 2030
Toe cap: brogued
Sole: double leather
Hardware: 7 antiqued brass eyelets
Tongue: burgundy suede
Stitching: tonal matched stitching

Thanks Fok, for putting this together. happy Labor Day.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads