• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Styleforum User reports and questions on technical issues

seferphier

Reaction score
We are working on a solution now to allow more granularity, but for now, this is what it is. Before, because of a built in "dam" in the system, people were not able to get the email notifications that they wanted. I know that some people have had to manually change theirs (incidentally, you can do this on a thread by thread basis using the "all watched threads" page under the bookmark icon), but the overall response to the changes have been overwhelmingly positive. The next phase is to introduce more granularity so that users have more options about the frequency of alerts and/or email notifications.

No problem. Thanks for the update. We know you guys are working tirelessly to make the transition to the new site smooth. Just wanted to give you my 50 cents.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No problem. Thanks for the update. We know you guys are working tirelessly to make the transition to the new site smooth. Just wanted to give you my 50 cents.
And your constructive suggestions are very much appreciated. Just wanted you guys to know that we understand that the lack of finer control on the user side is an issue, and that we are working with the best regarded developer for notifications in XF on this issue.

Cheers,

Fok.

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
This may have been asked already. How do you search your PMs for keywords?

stifler

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd appreciate if anyone could help me out with this. I left a buyer positive feedback. However, it was recorded as neutral feedback. Is there a way to edit the feedback? I've reported it multiple times for editing, but haven't gotten a reply and it's been 1 month. Thank you gentleman

Last edited:

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can't.

We are looking at an add-on that may allow it. but as with ALL search addons, it has the potential to break the entire system, or slow it to a halt with the number of queries. so we are going to talk to the dev, then test it on a testbed
and then maybe run it live for a day or so before committing to it, should all of the above work.

The increase in queries and tables entries due to search are no joke.

Cheers,

Fok.

admin

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
I've been backpacking with Scouts in New Mexico for two weeks, and am catching up on things now. I appreciate your patience.

As Fok said there's an add-on that might enable this, but we're going to test heavily before implementing it on the live board.

I'd appreciate if anyone could help me out with this. I left a buyer positive feedback. However, it was recorded as neutral feedback. Is there a way to edit the feedback? I've reported it multiple times for editing, but haven't gotten a reply and it's been 1 month. Thank you gentleman

Researching this now.

il_colonnello

Reaction score
I don't have time to read 40+ pages so I'm sorry if all this has been covered.

Can I start by saying, and surely this is the right thread for it, that the new SF is a bit of a frustration, especially (but not only) if used in conjunction with an iPad. Not that I don't hate iPads anyway, but here exceptionally it isn't their fault because on the old boards I was doing fine with an iPad.

I made a couple of posts yesterday, e.g. this one:

https://www.styleforum.net/threads/...-thread-part-ii.394687/page-1969#post-8907488

Is it just on my (mobile) devices that the image I posted isn't showing? Or is it gone permanently? I spent some time at first trying to make that post on the iPad, pointless. Then I gave it a go on a hotel computer. Eventually it seemed to work out, but if I wanted the image to display directly (as opposed to a "View attachment" link), I had to copy and paste it from my Dropbox rather than uploading it the standard way (why?). Anyway, it was definitely there in the finished post in the end. Now it seems to be gone again, or anyway I'm not seeing it (on Chrome on iPad). I tried to edit the post to re-upload it, but on an iPad - no dice, when I point the upload box to the image in my iPad's photos folder, the little progress bar just keeps going to and fro, infinitely.

Secondly, if it's do with image size, could one not have chosen a limitation that's a common image format? The smallest pictures my androidphone will take are 1280 by 960. So even they are 80 pixels too wide for new SF's 1200 by 1000. Now even if I was ready to make the effort of an extra work step every time to crop these images by 6.25 per cent in width, I don't have the means on an iPad to do that, nor are most Hilton hotel computers equipped for that (all you can do on them is browse, basically).

Thirdly, if you manage to get an image displayed in your post, new SF seems to have its own ideas on what sequence text and image should be in, i.e. first image, then text (let alone more "complicated" posts where several bits of text alternate with several images). Once the image is there, it fills out the whole posting box; often I can't even get a cursor any more, because wherever I try to tap, I'm only selecting the image.

Maybe I'm just mentally challenged or not tech-savvy enough but I really think people have got it wrong when they keep surmising that the usage of forums is falling off because of social networks. I'm sure there are still tons of people who prefer the "common watering-hole" feel of a forum to the self-centered look-at-me! of social networks. The real problem of forums is that they are geared toward people who are using them from at home, sitting in front of their own, perfectly set-up computers, with mouse, semi-professional image-editing software and 25 simultaneously open browser tabs spread across two physical screens all at hand. I'm sure none of the hard core of super users is writing their 200 posts per day on an iPad. Mobile devices are fine if you just want to lurk (the load speed has certainly improved, I'll give you that), but active participation on an iPad is a *****.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't have time to read 40+ pages so I'm sorry if all this has been covered.

Can I start by saying, and surely this is the right thread for it, that the new SF is a bit of a frustration, especially (but not only) if used in conjunction with an iPad. Not that I don't hate iPads anyway, but here exceptionally it isn't their fault because on the old boards I was doing fine with an iPad.

I made a couple of posts yesterday, e.g. this one:

https://www.styleforum.net/threads/...-thread-part-ii.394687/page-1969#post-8907488

Is it just on my (mobile) devices that the image I posted isn't showing? Or is it gone permanently? I spent some time at first trying to make that post on the iPad, pointless. Then I gave it a go on a hotel computer. Eventually it seemed to work out, but if I wanted the image to display directly (as opposed to a "View attachment" link), I had to copy and paste it from my Dropbox rather than uploading it the standard way (why?). Anyway, it was definitely there in the finished post in the end. Now it seems to be gone again, or anyway I'm not seeing it (on Chrome on iPad). I tried to edit the post to re-upload it, but on an iPad - no dice, when I point the upload box to the image in my iPad's photos folder, the little progress bar just keeps going to and fro, infinitely.

Secondly, if it's do with image size, could one not have chosen a limitation that's a common image format? The smallest pictures my androidphone will take are 1280 by 960. So even they are 80 pixels too wide for new SF's 1200 by 1000. Now even if I was ready to make the effort of an extra work step every time to crop these images by 6.25 per cent in width, I don't have the means on an iPad to do that, nor are most Hilton hotel computers equipped for that (all you can do on them is browse, basically).

Thirdly, if you manage to get an image displayed in your post, new SF seems to have its own ideas on what sequence text and image should be in, i.e. first image, then text (let alone more "complicated" posts where several bits of text alternate with several images). Once the image is there, it fills out the whole posting box; often I can't even get a cursor any more, because wherever I try to tap, I'm only selecting the image.

Maybe I'm just mentally challenged or not tech-savvy enough but I really think people have got it wrong when they keep surmising that the usage of forums is falling off because of social networks. I'm sure there are still tons of people who prefer the "common watering-hole" feel of a forum to the self-centered look-at-me! of social networks. The real problem of forums is that they are geared toward people who are using them from at home, sitting in front of their own, perfectly set-up computers, with mouse, semi-professional image-editing software and 25 simultaneously open browser tabs spread across two physical screens all at hand. I'm sure none of the hard core of super users is writing their 200 posts per day on an iPad. Mobile devices are fine if you just want to lurk (the load speed has certainly improved, I'll give you that), but active participation on an iPad is a *****.

It seems that you tried to embed an image from dropbox. We don't have permissions to that. The easiest way is to use either "attach file or images" to upload, or simply. copy and paste. Copy and paste will create an attachment immediately, and will insert wherever you decide to paste. You can also drag and drop it in the usual way. Attach file or images - you need to hit "insert all full sized". Then you can drag and drop or cut and paste within the box.

I don''t use an iPad much, but I use the forum, personally, from both a desktop and a cellphone, which are about 46/46 in terms of use rates, with about 8% tablet. This is consistent with pre-transition rates. I'll have to test it more on an IPad to see if there are issues that I can reproduce. Thanks for the heads up on potential issues to look for.

Cheers.

Fok.

Fanthom

Reaction score
I am confused about viewing unread messages. When I click on a thread in my "watched threads" for instance, I only get the last couple of very recent messages in the thread even though there are many more I haven't read. Same when I access threads directly in the forums. Is there any way to fix this?

JSO1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can we have a toggle to disable the sticky header in mobile mode?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads