• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

style and attractiveness

fatty

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Soph
Actually none of it's a must. Never said it was. But you are fooling yourself if a girl doesn't like a guy who's in shape over one that is not. Chicks lie their arse over cars, looks etc. when it comes to guys. Pull up in a Buick and then pull up in a (pick your favorite cool car). Some girl was telling me last night how she would love to eat Matthew Mc. (howver u spell his last name) because he was charming. I said what if Chris Farley was alive and charming. She just laughed, okay you made your point.

To tell you the truth, there are a lot of stereotypes of what "every man/woman loves", but it doesn't really matter. It is possible to find people who suit you.

If you want to be the best, (which is the second most important thing to being a macho man) then sure, try to compete with the world. I suppose women do it too, but we do it in more complicated, decieving ways. We all know women are lying bitches.

Originally Posted by Soph
Hats off to that.
word.

mensimageconsultant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Halifamous
A little anecdotal observation:

I'm a good looking guy, and I love fashion, but I pull more girls with fitted jeans and a plain tee than I ever do with seven top layers, diors and handmade shoes. When I pull girls wearing that kind of thing it's often because they appreciate the style, but they're no more attractive than the ones that like me because I work out every day and take care of myself.

I tend to keep style and attractiveness seperate. I've never found they make a big difference.

Although there is clearly a minimum level, your clothes should fit you, and be in colours that work well on you.

"Pulling" is mostly about raw attractiveness. In a culture where even long-term relationships often are based on instantaneous pairings, it's not surprising that to many cosmetic procedures and fitness trump style.

Also, keep in mind that elaborate style signals a kind of pickiness. For instance, Stacy London doesn't seem to be the type who "hooks up."

Jared

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by *****
As far as I see girls dressing, it falls into three categories. a) dressing for self. "i want to be comfortable, i don't care about others". Often manifests in really bad taste "comfortable clothing" and in people who are more insecure. b) dressing for girls. Whatever's in fashion, whatever's hip, no matter how dumb it looks on you. Believe it or not, you can't pull off every look, most of the time you'll try and fail. c) dressing for guys. Usually fixes on the basic principle that people "dress" you up and down. It doesn't matter so much on what brand it is, but how it portays your body. Often means basic clothes which accentuate curves or skin. Can be tasteful or tasteless.
I've been discussing this post with my sister, *****. She would like to add "dressing to make a statement", but then she is in first-year university.
laugh.gif
Also, just out of curiousity, who do you normally dress for? Your WAYWT outfits usually have nods to fashion, but you're obviously not a fashion-whore...so I'm going to guess guys?

Murray

Reaction score
Originally Posted by cheapmutha
hmm... as an attractive and well dressed man id like to chime in.

confidence means more than anything else. you can be very good looking, dress well, and not be confident in yourself and no one will ever notice how attractive and well dressed you are. at the same time, you can be average and dress poorly, but pull beautiful women because of confidence in yourself.

trust me, i know all too well.

Even if you do say so yourself.......
sarcasm.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads