• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

***Story Et Fall Thread***

jasonleb1

Reaction score
To anyone who's had them awhile, how have they held up? The Jodhpurs look really, really good.

Last edited:

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Nice photos, stanley. Pretty sure I'm sold on a pair of something for the fall.

dapperwardrobe

Reaction score

How are the buckles on the jodhpurs
Originally I thought they seemed kind of light, but after using them and doing a little bit of a strength test on them, they actually seem very durable.

Last edited:

Ezio

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm still hunting down a pair of chelsea boots within my price range that I really, really like. Jack Erwin Chase would have been great, but discontinued now.

Story Et Fall seemed interesting, but apparently it's like 350 bucks Canadian... eh.

But the website for SEF is seriously just so horrible. It is just the worst.

ceoceo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Folks who received the boots, I used the measurement pdf on the website and my foot is apparently right between 40.5 and 41, like between between size.
Do I go half up or half down in size (40.5 v 41)?
Im a 8.5 in Nikes and 7.5 D~8C in dress shoes.

coldknife

Reaction score
Folks who received the boots, I used the measurement pdf on the website and my foot is apparently right between 40.5 and 41, like between between size.
probably a 40.5, they stretch a bit to conform to your feet. fwiw i wear a size 9 in nike and a 41 fits me fine

ghdvfddzgzdzg

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i don't know what his process is, but if Lian was hurting for business, he'd probably have his public face (the website) more in order. its lacklusterness i take as an indication he has does not need to work on expanding at the moment.

dapperwardrobe

Reaction score
Oh man, the cropped jodhpurs are available to purchase right now. $186 usd. I want them so bad.

Landscape

Reaction score
I'm somewhere around the same but actually went down to a 40, website says to size down half/what Lian recommended. I don't know if I sucked at measuring because I usually wear 42 in Nike as well, so I'm hoping the 40 will be wide enough.

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Keep in mind these aren't really comparable to sneakers. The toe box is obviously really pointed and tapered (at least on the Chelsea).
@cyc wid it did you get you calf zips yet? I'm really curious how they turned out.

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Oh, nice. Okay. So, I think it was @OccultaVexillum who's also a size 12 in Nikes - would you go 44.5 or 45? I don't want a "tight fight" on my shoes.

Reaction score
My pair finally came in, couldn't be more happy with them, the personalized packaging, quality and experience has been great.

Last edited:

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Synth, I got the 45 and they fit well aside from heel slippage. Initially i thought the 44.5 would be better but now i think it would just crush my toes. I put a half insole in and the 45 is good.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads